How many Liters is this pot and how do I know when to re-pot?

TheBigBlueOne

420 Member
Good evening yall!:) I got another question. Like mentioned in the threadname: i need some info How many Ltrs ish u think it is? And how do i know when to repot the plant? Is it that easy to think that the root system gotta grow all the way to the pot wall or can i take it out before?
:)

Attachments

• 20201017_025342.jpg
    20201017_025342.jpg
    706 KB · Views: 50
  • 20201017_025318.jpg
    20201017_025318.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 49
If it was me wanting to know, I would turn off the blurple, then take one picture showing ruler placed vertically beside the container (showing its height), and one picture showing it horizontally beside the top (showing its diameter). And, if the diameter of the bottom is different than the diameter of the top, I would show that as well.

<SHRUGS> Or I'd grab one, tape the drain holes shut, and start filling it with water from a measuring cup ;).

No, sorry. I don't have a great deal of experience with the things. There's probably a Great Autoflower Transplanting Debate thread here:

First is it photo or auto? That matters...

if photo don’t upcan until the leaves extend well beyond the edges of container. 5 gallons is too small, 7 to 10 gallons is much better.

if auto then in needs to go in final container soon, like 3 gallons but 5 might get better yields. it’s late and I’m zonked but if you search upcan under my name I’ve written quite a few upcan posts

The easiest thing to do is turn the pot upside down and look at what is on the bottom. Landscape style pots sometimes have the volume in the info there, either in liters or in gallons. Don't think I have found that info on the bottom of pots used for summertime flowers.

If the pot is filled with soil and a plant then it is measuring time like @TorturedSoul mentions. Since most landscape pots have a slight taper I do not get the bottom measurement. Just across the top and the height. Then off to a web site with a volume of a cylinder calculator. If the calculator wants the radius instead of the diameter I will divide the diameter in half.

If you do a search for a calculator use:
volume of a cylinder in litres

Easier to get the size in litres than in gallons.:)

Back
Top Bottom