how much is a gram?

stoned_seabass

im not quite up to speed on the weights and sizes and such....if i was wanting to smoke a gram, how much would that be? oh and i dont mean prices

a real dime im assuming?

someone told me once 6 grams makes a quarter, is that true? if so i think i could probably figure it out from there

An ounce of weed is normally 28 grams (a physical ounce). If you hear somebody say "Eighth" or "Quarter", that is the division of that ounce. Whats 1/8th of 28? Comes to 3.5. So on and so forth.

But DC when we are talking about weed different strain can look smaller or bigger depending on if it is dense or airy bud. or basically how it was grown is all i was really trying to say . But i give it to you on that response that was damn good :bongrip:

Dc534 said:
I just realized something when you guys made this post. First mass is not reletive, weight is, weight is the effect gravity has on a mass. But I did not come here to lecture. The thing is a gram actually is different depending where you live as far as how much mass of bud you are getting. At a higher altitude the effects of gravity are actually less, if you are below sea level the effects of gravity are more. Therefore a gram that is weighed above sea level will actually weigh more than a gram at below sea level. It is kind of interesting or at least I thought so. Because we rely on scales they only weigh weight, not mass. If you do not believe me think of it as if it were the moon. You have the same mass on the moon but a different weight. You can also apply this to water. The lower you go in water the more pressure is put on you by the water. So it is simple to say the lower you are on the planet the more atmospher, therefore, the more gravity effects you.

So what your saying is buy mass far up in the apache mountains, then resell it to people hanging out at the bottom of the grand canyon... then profit!

I have seen so many of these threads with American prices so i thought i would give a little input into Australian pricing;

Gram - $20
Fifty - $50 (well duh), 3.5grams
Quart - $100, 7 grams
Halfy - $150, 14 grams
Ounce - $290, 28 grams

You don't have to weigh it to smoke it. Just smoke until you feel high enough reguardless of how little you use. Most of the time you don't need to smoke a whole gram to feel good effects. BTW, the only real way to weigh buds is to get a scale, it is an investment you will not regret making.

Short Answer: Not Enough
Longer Answer: 1/28th of an Ounce.
Just about right for a fat blunt, or two skinny blunts, or 3 decent j's, or 2-3 bowl packs.

Yowza said:
Short Answer: Not Enough
Longer Answer: 1/28th of an Ounce.
Just about right for a fat blunt, or two skinny blunts, or 3 decent j's, or 2-3 bowl packs.

Sorta old thread ... but, I dont know what kinda fat blunt you are rolling with a gram .....

Back
Top Bottom