how much light does 16 plants need

propabow83

hi there everyone im new to this site and new to growing ive resently tried to do a grow not succeded im not sure what the problem was i think it had something to do with the lights ive got a 2metre by 2 metre growing tent and i had 4x600 watt lights i had a 8inch filter and 6inch extracter fan it was indoors and i couldnt get the temprature below 32 i had 16 plants in the tent the plants started going yellow am i using to many lights thanks

Hi propabow83, :welcome: 50 watts per sq. ft. is what I like to use, you are over 60 watts, you need good ventilation in your tent I'm not sure about celsius temps. Do some reading on the 420mag. or someone else can jump in here. You are ferting plants? :welcome: :peace:

Hey could you be a lil more specific on how powerful your fans were? What were their cubic feet/meter ratings?

32c = almost 90F it sounds like your room needed more ventilation..

you have about a 7' by 7' tent which should definitly be able to hold 16 plants and the lighting you had, but with 4x600 watters going in one room you would need to exhaust that room very aggressively so that you wouldnt have the temps of 90 degrees that you were having..

your room is 294 cf or 89 cm your fans as a general rule of thumb need to be able to move that volume 3 times per minute, with the lightting you have i would try to get enough ventilation to push that to about 4 or 5 times a minute

so with the details you have provided, im thinkin that your fans werent able to keep air flowin efficiently.

hope it helps :peace:

hi mate cheers for the reply it was summer when i tried it but this time it will be out side and it is a lot colder now so im hoping i can keep to the 28c there is another thing buddy im strugling to get cuttings but this lad has gave me 2 plants for mothers the only problem is they have got buds on ive put them in veg stage again 18/6 but it seems its getting more buds before i got them they was out side in greenhouse now there in a 1m be 1m tent with 1 600watt light any ideas wot i could do to take them out of bud (thats if i can)thanks damion

hi there cocojoe yeah i dont think i had enough ventilation like you and a few other people have said what does ferting plants mean sorry about this im a beginer

ive just been given 2 plants there only small about 8 inch they have small buds on them ive put them in a 1m x 1m tent ive got 1 600watt light ive put them on veg stage 18/6 would this take them out of flowering and would the plant be alright to take cuttings off thanks damion

Keep them under 18/6 or longer, I go 20/4. Eventually it will stop budding. When you eventually take clones, keep a close eye on them. It sounds like between the move and reverting to veg, she maybe a little stressed out. Keep your tent temp cool, and your ph consistent. Stress can bring out hermaphroditic genes, which will get passed on to your clones.

Good Luck

thanks aero420 for the advice ive changed to 20/4 do you no what temprature it should be in the tent mate thanks damion

I like to keep my area around 78-82 degrees. Photosynthesis stops over 85 degrees, and is serious slowed below 65 degrees. Just make sure you are taking the temp readings in the shade, if you take it under a 1000 watt HPS, you will get inaccurate readings. Another good tool for the grow room is an infrared, non-contact thermometer for checking leaf temps, so you can get your lights as close as possible without burning your leaves.

Good Luck

cheers for the advise mate just taken the temp reading and its 52f with the 600w light off is this bad mate. Another thing pal wot is photosynthesis sorry for all the questions but im a beginer buddy

oh and thanks for the advice on the infared thermometer i think i will defenitly investing one of them.i have the light at the top of the tent reason for this is when i put them in there i didnt wont to fry them now they are showing signs of coming out of flowering is it alright to move the light closer to the plant thanks damion

Back
Top Bottom