How much water (not when)

evageloua

Hi
Whenever i search the web to read about watering the 95% of the times the analyze how often or when to water and this 5% how much, they suggest dont stop watering until 10-20%runoff water just this.I wanna learn more about watering and more accurate amount of water maybe the measurement system, my plant is in the mid of week 3 in the photo is day 2 of main lining my bucket is L(20inch)W(10inch)H(5inch) my soil is organic mixed with perlite, guano and pressurized coco fiber.The bucket has 8 big drainage holes.The photo is taken 30 minutes after watering i watered 1L water with 2ml each nutrient and drainage from bottom zero runoff water should i water more than 1L and water until i see 10-15% runoff water
P10306272.JPG

you didnt awnser my question i watered my plant 1L and after 10 minutes i check the runoff was dry as fuck should i water more than 1L

how many ml you water your plants???
Big plants need more water than small plants (with less of a root system). Don't worry about the amount of water you are giving as long as you have good drainage in your pot. Pour until you see water coming out of the pot. Let the soil dry out before next watering.

Testing soil moisture by feel is a good way to judge.

If you're putting a lot of water in, but it's just running through the soil without wetting it, it probably means the soil has become hydrophobic. In this case, you'll either need to soak the soil fully until it starts absorbing moisture again, or resort to using a surfactant to help the water bind to the soil. Either way, there is no golden rule to watering. You'll learn to judge through experience.

Back
Top Bottom