Feeding schedule advice

bl2001

420 Member
Hi. I’ve been trying to search forums and websites to see how I can manage my EC. I can’t seem to understand when to feed and when to water. For example If I feed a plant with 1.8EC and runoff is 1.4EC, does it mean I’m underfeeding the plant? from my plant I found that when I feed it with 1.8EC, I get 1.4 EC runoff. Then if I feed again with same strength nutrients, my runoff goes up to like 1.6-1.7 EC. Do I just keep feeding the plant until runoff gets to like 300ppm more than what I’m putting in and then water it to remove some of the build up salts?

With my other plant, The last time I fed it, I gave it 1.4EC and runoff came back to 1.94EC. today I decided to water it because of the high runoff I had with last feed. Runoff from watering today came back at 1.15EC. So should I have watered it today or fed it again?

Hello @bl2001 :welcome:

I don't know, how do your plants look?
This is how they're looking. Pretty good for first grow but I can't get a grasp regarding maintaining the proper ec levels.

C078BE00-8216-4101-82E8-40535A378377.jpeg

EDD32065-CCF5-4022-87FA-0EEA9D73F643.jpeg

Good start on your plants.

Do not know what the answer is to your question even though I have an understanding of what you are saying and asking. It sounds like you are going after a type of hydroponic based grow and it would help if you can add some more info.

Let the group know what you are using as a growing medium for the roots. Is it a coco coir or peat moss based mix? If there is organic soil there then how much is in the mix? Or, is it a natural soil based mix? And, if so, did you mix it yourself or buy something in a bag that was already mixed together?

This is very important. What are you using for the fertilizers? The exact name would be helpful since some companies make products that have similar sounding names but each one is a bit different.

Let's see, what else. Water? What is the water source? Is it tap water or RO or bottled water from the store? I did not see any mention of the pH of the water when you start to pour it. Do you have to adjust the pH before you use it?

Some people might want to know the lights being used but I don't think that will have anything to do with why you are getting the EC numbers you are wondering about.

I think it would also help if you add another two photos. I noticed several interesting looking leaves but some of them might be because of the lighting and shadows. That leaves two plant leaf areas that might give hints as to what is going on. I did a screen grab of your photo and circled two leaf areas than might need attention.

plant-08-19-22.jpg

Hello @bl2001 :welcome:

I don't know, how do your plants look?
This is how they're looking. Pretty
Good start on your plants.

Do not know what the answer is to your question even though I have an understanding of what you are saying and asking. It sounds like you are going after a type of hydroponic based grow and it would help if you can add some more info.

Let the group know what you are using as a growing medium for the roots. Is it a coco coir or peat moss based mix? If there is organic soil there then how much is in the mix? Or, is it a natural soil based mix? And, if so, did you mix it yourself or buy something in a bag that was already mixed together?

This is very important. What are you using for the fertilizers? The exact name would be helpful since some companies make products that have similar sounding names but each one is a bit different.

Let's see, what else. Water? What is the water source? Is it tap water or RO or bottled water from the store? I did not see any mention of the pH of the water when you start to pour it. Do you have to adjust the pH before you use it?

Some people might want to know the lights being used but I don't think that will have anything to do with why you are getting the EC numbers you are wondering about.

I think it would also help if you add another two photos. I noticed several interesting looking leaves but some of them might be because of the lighting and shadows. That leaves two plant leaf areas that might give hints as to what is going on. I did a screen grab of your photo and circled two leaf areas than might need attention.

plant-08-19-22.jpg
okay. So, Im using this potting mix
38673836-083D-492E-863B-7CC3CF4E9F10.jpeg

I'm using advanced nutrients micro grow and bloom (ph perfect) and ph water to 6-6.1 both when feeding and watering. I use bottled water from a store that has 0.08EC and ph of 6.7-6.8. In terms of light, its an outdoor grow. Temps range from 30-34C during day and 27-30 During night. RH is 55-60 daily day and night. The leaf you circled at the top became like that because pot was really dry because of a heat wave we had couple days ago and all leaves perked up again after watering apart from that one. It felt kind of lifeless and got crispy the next day. Bottom leave that is yellowing happened the day after I fed them last. maybe I'm not feeding enough. I mean runoff EC from today was a bit low considering its already flowering

Good. This info might be helpful if one of the hydro growers stops by. I am growing in soil and fertilizing with a different company's product. Going to have to wait and see who comes by now that more info is out there.

The leaf you circled at the top became like that because pot was really dry because of a heat wave we had couple days ago and all leaves perked up again after watering apart from that one. It felt kind of lifeless and got crispy the next day.
Familiar with that happening. Most likely then that there is nothing to worry about with that one.

Leave the other one on the plant. If it gets worse or starts to spread you will have something to compare with.

Let's see who stops by.

Back
Top Bottom