How often should my fans vent my room?

mistergreen

i have two fans at 175 cfm each, one c/filter and 1 hid lamp. the volume of my room is 106 ft sq, with the heat of the light and restriction of the filter it takes my room size up to 145 ft sq, i think i will addfan speed controllers as well because it would take less than a minute to change all the air in the tent with these fans. i am building an electronic device that will allow me to change the humidity of the room and a thermostat so that they will come on if it is too hot. if my room is at the right temp and correct humidity the fan will not come on so i want to add a timer as well. how often should i have it come on? every 3mins? every 5 mins? any advice would be greatly appreciated

Re: how often should my fans vent my room??

So I understand the room to be an approxiamate 10' x 10' = 100 sq ft. you have 1 ( no size listed HID) What size is it? and is it an HPS or MH?
Is this a soil or hydro grow? The RH of a hydro will generally be greater than a soil grow.
What are the current temperatures High and Low?
What is the RH of that area before watering and after watering?

Re: how often should my fans vent my room??

hi cherma thanks for replying so quickly
my measurements are for the volume of the room not the area (too many smokes today, lol) sorry. its a 600 hps and in soil. humidity can be quite high as much as 80 but i think this was due to too much water retention in the soil and lack air ( not much perlite and no vermiculite in the medium, iv got a good mix now but think i will need more vermiculite nxt time). i have never had a problem with the rh being too low though. its cold where i am so i dont have to worry about the temps getting too high unless we are fortunate enough to get a good summer. i have a small 500w heater that i am going to make a thermostat for could you tell me the ideal ranges of temps rh? thanks again

Back
Top Bottom