How often to skip nutes (soil growth in Veg)

KarlJay

Soil grow, FFOF, about 3 weeks in, started GH nutes about 1.5 weeks ago.

Today will be my 3rd watering since I started using the GH 3 part nute pack. I've heard that many growers don't add nutes every time they water.

Should I skip the nutes every 3rd watering?

I've heard others say nutes every other watering...

They seem happy but I don't want to risk nute burn or any other problems.

Remember that Ocean Forest has 30 days of vegetative nutrients already in it. So I'd be cautious about feeding them anything until the plants are 4 weeks in.

If you go with organics you can feed every time without issues. If you go with chem it tends to get salt build up, and a feed, feed, flush tends to work well for most folks. Of course this is personal preference at the end of the day, some feed all the time, some don't.

Thanks JJ, I started the nutes early because I thought the plants weren't happy. I just took them out today for watering and pics, so you can see the color/condition if you click on my grow journal. I don't know if they needed nutes that soon, but it didn't seem to hurt them. Some were flushed because I was trying to correct the PH (noob mistake).

As far as organic vs chem, several have told me that the organic are a pain to work with and the chem where better. I went with GH Micro/Bloom/Gro because that's what everyone seems to like.

Back
Top Bottom