How to keep organized?

virgin.grower

Hey 420 members, I will be starting my very first grow sometime this week or next week and I will be posting a journal for help if needed. Because my light is finally coming in. I will be growing 2 plants of jack harrer "soil" now I was just wondering what is the best way of keeping organized?

Re: How to keep orginized?

define keeping organized?

dont have hanging wires, keep everything clean. anything that doesnt need to be there, get rid of it.

start a grow log and record every last thing you do to them for future reference, or diagnosis of a problem.

thats pretty much all there is to it. Unless im not understanding the question.

That is perfect thanks. I just got my light today....do you think it matters if the reflector came in kinda bent. I bent it back so it seems pretty decent to use. have you started a grow?

i have many soil grows under my belt... im experimenting in hydro now. Not going so well.... haha. my seeds dont want to root in the rockwool. subborn little buggers.

and yes, the bent reflector is ok, all its doing is bouncing the light back down. so bend it back as well as you can, and giver. =)

haha yea this will be my very first grow I'm pretty nervous but with asking question and posting pic i should be fine. I was going to do hydro for my first grow my my buddy told me soil is so much easier. I'm having problem setting up my light. I'm not sure how to hang it with these hangers. kind of ANNOYING

im sure you will figure it out. remember, its a weed. its not rocket science.

and i dont know if i would say soil is easier. but it is however a lot cheaper initial setup, and a lot less work.

i will say this now. and i suggest you beleive me. lol

Get a proper soil. such as sunshine. , use LOTS of perlite. and mix in the reccomended amounts of dolomite lime.

if you do that, you shouldnt have any issues with PH, or drowning your roots. both very common rookie mistakes.

This may be a stupid question but how does this all work for example do i put half soil and half perlite. i feel so Dumb when it comes to this shit lol i would really like your help bro. what types of strains have you grown? how did your very first grow turn out?

my first grow was under CFL, i had 160 watts for veg and just under 250 for flower. ended up with just under 3 ounces off one plant.

after that i did 2 more with results getting better each time. got it up to 4 ounces from that.

then i did a HID run with a 400 HPS, got 340 ish grams off 2 plants.

and have since gone back to CFL micro growing to perfect and try to max out my CFL yeild...

people say its not worth it, but, i calculated my expenses...

electricty to run a full cycle, nutes, water, exhaust power consumption, bulbs (being replaced every second grow) etc etc, and it runs me about $192 give or take a little per cycle. and im getting about 4-6 ounces per cycle depending on the strain. (starting from fem seeds)

with my grows i get 3 cycles a year (2 plants started from seed), which turns out to be about roughly a pound per year, or about an ounce and a half per month, which is perfect for my personal medication. Plus, it becomes a fun hobby.

Im now experimenting in hydro, so i might be able to shave some time off, and geta little better yeild as well.

as far as strains.
bag seed was my first one, since then... lets see if i can remember a bunch
cheese
kalashnikova
pure kush
the doctor
super critical
northern lights
purple kush
cinderella 99
super bud
might be a couple more. cant remember however.

anyways, as far as your soil question... get a proper soil, and a bag of perlite. mix it about 30% perlite (more is fine too... just means youll have to water more) so... take 2 scoops of soil, and one scoop of perlite, and mix it up real good...

another good practice, is to also (before putting this mix of soil + perlite in) is put about an inch of straight perlite on the bottom... helps for drainage.

other than that, dont forget to add some dolomite lime to stablize PH throughout the grow. and have fun. :)

I just set up my light need a couple fans. Im going to post a picture up I don't know if you can recommend anything. But shit bro are you gonna post any of your pics on here?
Providence-20120130-00154_rotate.JPG
where do you buy your seeds? i checks out a lot of the sponsors but I don't know maybe there cheaper seeds

I typically post on other forums, I just joined this one.
As far as posting my grows, I used to a lot, but now I find it a hassle.

I buy my seeds in Vancouver bc. As that's where I'm from. Got a seed bank near
Me, typically I buy fem seeds, they run me anywhere from $4-10 per seed depending on the strain.

Back
Top Bottom