How to use C02 in a grow tent?

Remystemple

I have as much c02 as i'll need. i have a regulator and a controller coming tomorrow, but i don't know a think about using it yet. I intend to start slowly at low levels, but i have a few questions about using it.

do i seal the tent and turn off the exhaust fan when the c02 is on?
and i heard that the temps have to be over 80f for it to be effective. how is this good for flowering plants that require much lower temps?
how often would i run it? i know i wouldn't run it at lights off based on some of what i gathered so far.
and how much c02 should there be in the tent? the controller should be able to be set to the level i choose. i hope.

I can't think of any other questions right now. I'm just entering week 7 of a 9 -10 week flowering period of my first grow, so i'd like to get these girls to pop a bit before i harvest.

20190203_194138.jpg20190203_194255.jpg20190203_194600.jpg

Unless you spent a bunch of money on the controller it likely does not monitor the active levels in the tent.

Co2 calculator

This will help you estimate how far open your regulator should be and how long it should be open for to achieve a desired co2 level in a defined area.

Co2 is typically only run in sealed room systems as any exhaust will lower your co2 levels.

You do need/want higher temps when using co2, it increases the plants metabolic rate which allows the intake of more light/nutrients/co2 to increase growth rate. Liebigs barrel really comes into play when considering adding co2. Without enough light/heat/food the co2 is essentially wasted as the plant has no way to use it.

Unless you spent a bunch of money on the controller it likely does not monitor the active levels in the tent.

Co2 calculator

This will help you estimate how far open your regulator should be and how long it should be open for to achieve a desired co2 level in a defined area.

Co2 is typically only run in sealed room systems as any exhaust will lower your co2 levels.

You do need/want higher temps when using co2, it increases the plants metabolic rate which allows the intake of more light/nutrients/co2 to increase growth rate. Liebigs barrel really comes into play when considering adding co2. Without enough light/heat/food the co2 is essentially wasted as the plant has no way to use it.

searching Liebigs barrel now. Thank you.

Basically the same concept as "the chain is only as strong as the weakest link". If everything is not in balance an excess or lack of of any one thing can cause issues.

Your biggest issue is going to be venting out your co2.

Edit: this link will give you a rundown on co2 enrichment.
Carbon Dioxide Enrichment | Managing CO2 in Your Grow Space

just learning that most use it in veg rather than flower? is this about right?

Decided to use it in the veg tent rather than the flower tent. it just makes sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom