How to vent this place

neno83

IM putting together a new area and cant figure out how to vent my 4x4 spaces...im confused with the options out there. should i use inline blowers or a squirell cage fan...can u use one or the other or do u have to use both?

From what I could tell, the squirrel cages are more heavy-duty, while inline fans are often weaker (and cheaper). I chose an inline fan because it was cheap and more than enough for my cab (45 cu. ft.). If you had a whole room to exhaust, then a squirrel cage would be a much better option. I bought my fan at Home Depot, can't remember the price offhand but it was cheaper than any hydroponic shop. Works well, it's relatively quiet, and super simple to install. I have it hooked up to my 400w light hood, and it's drawing air from inside the cabinet, I think it's like 500cfm so it's more than enough to move the air in the cab. If I didn't have the cab inside the room, I'd use a squirrel cage

like stunta im running a 400w for flowering and thats the room or space i wanted to vent...its just a 3x3 (corrections from the first post) space sectioned off in the room...there is no ceiling to the grow area.

i have another question for you guys...what do you think of t5 for veg? i have a 4 foot 4 tube t5...u guys think i could pull off raising 10 seedlings for about three weeks under that? thanks guys its nice to know that its vets and novices around to help the next man make the world a better place;)

Go for the T5 and if it your not getting as fast growing as youd like add some extra lumens with some extra cfls...cheap and lotta lumens. good luck

Back
Top Bottom