How to water when leaving for a long weekend

Coolthanksbye

I'm currently in my first grow, 29 days into flowering. First grow - Sea of Green style
On Thursday, January 25th I'll be leaving town late morning and returning Monday afternoon, the 29th. I was just planning on giving them a good watering that Thursday morning and filling up the humidifier and changing the setting to low (to prevent mold as there are only a couple weeks left of flowering). Just wondering if this would be okay for the plants or if there is something else I should do.

I also currently have 6 cuttings I took a few days ago in a humidity dome. Hoping that they will take root by then.

wow...4 days with no water. Just soak the crap out of them the day you leave. They'll be thirsty when you get back but should survive. Mine go 2 and sometimes 3 days with no water and are fine. As long as your temperatures are controlled there shouldn't be a problem. They might be a bit wilty but the drink of water Monday evening will stand em right back up. Got any friends that you trust with the keys to your place that won't want to sample half of your grow? That's a good gauge for friends BTW :laughtwo:
GL with this little dilemma.

i water every 4 days, and my plants are fine. i have been told this many many times.... MJ LIKES to be dry once and a while. 4 days isnt that long, like i said, that is how often i water mine. give them a good drink before you go, and then water them when u get back, they should be ok as long as your temps arent too hot.

Every summer I travel for a full week (7days 6 nights) to watch nascar and learn tips from the big boys. I always have a grow going and can't stop or I will get behind. I place my plants in containers and fill the containers with plain h20 so that the root system is sitting in this water. I know it's not good to drown the roots but It's only done once. I have "NEVER" lost one plant. Once I came home to slightly wilting plants but not too bad. I use just plain water. No nutrients.lol

The reason I suggested both was that a lot of growers believe in water stressing their plants the last few days of flower as well as flushing. They think it increases resin. I don't know if it does or not. I don't water the last few days because I have a lot of humidity in my drying room so I like to harvest a drier plant so that I can dry my plants in 2 weeks and not 2 months. lol

Back
Top Bottom