HPS Ballast?

scorpdahoodlum

Sup all havent posted in a while I was just wondering if you all could tell me a few places where i can get a 400 watt hps ballast? I can get a bulb for $21 but jw if home depot, acehardware, menards, sears, .... has a ballast???? Thanks for all your help and also im not going to order anything so dont even say that. Thx

Re: HPS Ballast??????????

A HID system had 3 parts: the bulb, the socket/hood and the ballast (the ballast is the most expensive).
If you don't want someone to send you what you need, you'll have to go out and get it yourself.
The only place I've seen that sells 400-watt ballasts and sockets in a hydro/indoor growing shop.

I use insidesun.com but if your not going to order anything your best bet is a hydro shop. We don't have one around here so I have to order my stuff. Lowes, Home Depot etc. don't have anything of use.

Hey brother, check out your local electrical supply shops, or befriend an Commercial electrician. More often than not it is just about always cheaper to buy a new light than it is to buy just a ballast. Check out Midwesthydroponics.com for thier lighting setups. I seen a few lights on there for aroung $200-250 that were 400 watt hps. Thats reflector, housing, High temp wire and all. Hope that helps.
Ruk13

Back
Top Bottom