HPS to MH conversion bulb $50

Smokaspliff

Hi all. I'm new here and looking to set up my first grow room. I've already picked up most of what i need to know about it and im probably going to go with 2 4'x2bulb floros hanging from the top on pulleys so i can adjust them, and mount either 1 or 2 more 4'x2b floros on the back wall so i can get light to the bottoms, and maybe a spiral or 2 in adjustable locations. I already have the cabinet designed, but i need to know what the best bulbs are to use
(tubes and spirals) for vegg and flowering?

Also, have you guys seen one of these, and are they any good? It's a HPS to MH conversion bulb that works with the HPS ballast instead of having two different ballasts. Sounds like it'd save a bunch of money if your running low wattage set ups. Heres the link: https://www.buylighting.com/subcat.asp?catid=208

Get a mix of "soft white", "cool white", and "plant and aquarium" bulbs. The last ones cost a bit more than the others. Get as many bulbs as you can afford, and keep them very close to your plants. If you only plan on flowering one female, consider hanging your tube fluoros vertically around your plant.
I don't have any experience w/the conversion bulb. Maybe someone else will have some input.

Thanks for the info Vin. Is there any specific order in which i should apply the lights during vegg, or flower periods, or just mix the bulbs in equally for the whole grow? Im probably going to try 4 and keep the best 2 females, if i get one.

Anyone had any experience with these 40w Hydrofarm AgroSun Full Spectrum
Fluorescent Tubes? https://www.homeharvest.com/fluorescenttubes.htm Think theyre worth $20 bucks?

I'm about to buy a conversion bulb for my next grow. The hps is working great now. I used 4 4ft cool white bulbs for veg. I do have some of the compact spiral ones. They are great for getting more light penatration. Put some of the spirals at the bottom pointing up.

Thanx for the info. I think i talked myself into saving for a 400w HPS system and getting one of the conversion bulbs as well. I found a couple set ups i like that arent too expensive.

I'll probably still run some cfl's pointing up like suggested to get a little light to the bottom of the ladies. Do you think it'd be worth putting mylar on the bottom of the cabinet to reflect light back up? Would mirrors be better?

Again, thnx 4 the help :bong:

Yeah, you could do that w/the mylar, I'm not sure how much it will help, since most all of the plants photo receptors are on the tops of the leaves where plants normaly receive most of their light, but it might help. Don't use mirrors. The glass actually refracts the light.

Back
Top Bottom