Hps?

beej3387

hello everyone,I just ordered a 600 watt and it comes with an hps.I wanted to know if anybody could tell me would this be enough to do l complete autoflower grow of 6 or 7 plants in a 3x3 area,or should I get a mh bulb to start with?thanks again

Hello there :welcome:

Yes 600w is enough for your space but personally i would put less plants in, as less is more in my opinion, 4-5 would be great, more space per plant = better yield strain dependent

As for the type of light 600w hps is a very good flowering bulb as it is mainly red spectrum and this is what plants uses most in flower. A Mh is a better veg light as it has mainly blue spectrum which promotes less inter-nodal spacing and more vegetative growth. A mix of both would be ideal :) but not necessary. Hope this is helpful just my thoughts
:Namaste:

so no veg light needed? I mean veg only last 2-3 weeks max is it necessary to do with autos,most say go straight to 18/6 immediately isn't this flowering light cycles?l

Well I personally use a 600w mh for veg photo or auto, you can change this to hps when you see flowers forming, I just find the mh works best to make the plant shorter & more bushy. As for light cycle auto's will grow with any schedule but the more light they have the bigger they will be! 18/6 is a good cycle, for photo plants this is a veg cycle but as auto's don't rely on a schedule this will work all the way though.

Hello there :welcome:

Yes 600w is enough for your space but personally i would put less plants in, as less is more in my opinion, 4-5 would be great, more space per plant = better yield strain dependent

As for the type of light 600w hps is a very good flowering bulb as it is mainly red spectrum and this is what plants uses most in flower. A Mh is a better veg light as it has mainly blue spectrum which promotes less inter-nodal spacing and more vegetative growth. A mix of both would be ideal :) but not necessary. Hope this is helpful just my thoughts

Would you reckon an dual spectrum light would sort this question out?

Back
Top Bottom