Hello I will be trying dwc on the next round but for this grow I am trying something experimetal I haven't seen. I have a 3 gal pot filled with ff soil with a bunch of holes drilled in the bottom and that pot sits perfectly in a 5 gal bucket with about 4" of water and a air stone. They fit pretty tight so the air is forced through the dirt and now the roots are growing into the bubbling water and the plant is growing like crazy. It's kind of a hybrid of the two systems. The stability of the soil but able to drink nutes like hydro. I have a jack herer plant growing in it, in a small cabinet. We will see how much it yields. Anyone ever herd of that teqnique?

Hello I will be trying dwc on the next round but for this grow I am trying something experimetal I haven't seen. I have a 3 gal pot filled with ff soil with a bunch of holes drilled in the bottom and that pot sits perfectly in a 5 gal bucket with about 4" of water and a air stone. They fit pretty tight so the air is forced through the dirt and now the roots are growing into the bubbling water and the plant is growing like crazy. It's kind of a hybrid of the two systems. The stability of the soil but able to drink nutes like hydro. I have a jack herer plant growing in it, in a small cabinet. We will see how much it yields. Anyone ever herd of that teqnique?

Post pics please... I have a friend that is trying to convince me this is a better way of growing. but seeing is believing.:peacetwo:

yo XLR8 that was a dope video thanks for posting it!

yo XLR8 that was a dope video thanks for posting it!

Thanks man, was so funny that I found the video - he used a net-pot that was a little too small, and I made the same mistake, lol. So it helped me figure out the easy fix for it. :)

Thanks xlr8, nice video and i appreciate the feedback, 420kind that sounds like a pretty sweet hybrid style setup you got going there i havent heard of the like before i am definately interested to hear how that works out, and also any of you DWC boys have a favorite strain you like to run?

i really like my "blue dream".........

Re: Hydro help???

i've tried a few different hydro methods,,, but i'm sticking with the DWC,,,, its so easy, a bucket with a air-stone in it... BUT,,, you need a good air pump...

How big of a pump and what brand do you run in your buckets Medme?

i have a "eco AIR5" ,,,,it runs 8 stones.... i also have a "eco AIR3" , that runs 6 stones...
i run the round dense air stones(gray).. i use GH ferts the 3 part stuff... works for me..

Thanks xlr8, nice video and i appreciate the feedback, 420kind that sounds like a pretty sweet hybrid style setup you got going there i havent heard of the like before i am definately interested to hear how that works out, and also any of you DWC boys have a favorite strain you like to run?

so far i've had awesome luck with 50/50 hybrids. Well I can only speak for the one kind i've fucked with-the bubbakushXdeep chunk i won POTM with.

Here's what I have learned so far. I've been looking at KRUSTY'S BUCKET setup, what I have found is that in order to get the same results there needs to be side lighting. I'm not really sure if matters what kind of light but I'm going to look in to this. I'm using an Aeroponic/DWC format. I trim the root to slow grow and so the roots don't clog the pumps. So far my grow is doing well. I use GH nutes, follow their instructions and so far had no problems.

With the KRUSTY method I think if you are able to produce side lighting of any kind that is going to help lyour grow. My thought is to add 2ft CFL growing lights on the side of my flowering chamer. It can't hurt and I'm thinking that it might just help.

Back
Top Bottom