Hydro vs Organic

I heard that spraying your plants with carbonated water works when you don't have any co2. Has anyone heard anything about this? Couldn't you just add the carbonated water to my DWC system?

One CAN grow organic hydro though, which will produce the taste , aroma, and burn factor us med patients are looking for.

I Hydro Organically myself. I always look at the Hydro vs. Organics topics, because they can be the same thing, and are the same thing for people that Hydro with organic nutrients vs. people that hydro with synthetic nutrients. So for me, Hydro vs. Organic doesn't make any sense.
I actually Aero, but consider it Hydro, because it falls under the Hydro main category, imo.

Can you add hydro nutrients to soil? Getting close to finishing up on my first cabinet grow using organic additives with a organic soil base. Just wondering if the soil would take the nutrients or would it stay locked in soil and possibly get nute burn. Questions questions questions. ......

What are your temperatures while using hydro? I mean the reservoir/nutes-solution.
I, for myself, wasn't and will not be able to keep them around 20°C (or even under 28°C....). So i've learned, that hydro - or even worse aero- isn't a good solution for my personal case/place.

hello mates intresting posts.so just 4 days ago i need emediatly stop my 120 plants operation.i was growing in cocos.super lemon haze it was week 9 of flowering :( it was very sad to do ,but i get phone call from my landlord what he hade complains about smell.good he give me time over night.so 4 peapol was working, cleaning a house.it was hard work i can tell you.we was busy about 7 hours.non stop.so now i have ready to try hydroponic .im completle new in this growing style :) so mates what best hydroponic for me newbie is a best?i grow with 600wats hps in tents 2.4-2.4-2 m i like to get at least 4kg dry buds from a tent.:) what system is best and easy to learn was .?ps>:sorry for my broken english.

I have to respectfully disagree that hydroponics will yield higher than organics. There is a difference between growth rate and the yield. Because something grows faster does not mean it yields more in the same space. If you factor in time for veg growth, hydroponics will have the edge in yield. If you have a separate veg area, that timing issue is irrelevant.

Having greater aromatics is a matter of opinion and relative to growing skill and methods. When done correctly, organics (organic nutrients, soilless mixes) produce buds that smell just as strong as those grown hydroponically. I will concede that hydro-grown plants do have a slightly faster growth rate, but to solidly state that they yield more overall, I believe is misleading.

The reason that I switched to organics was because I didn't see enough difference in either growth or anything else to warrant the need for so much monitoring and expensive meters and nutrients. I think that the only provable plus to hydroponics is growth rate.Whereas the cons are chemical aftertaste in the flavour of buds, extreme susceptibility to over/under fertilization, very high initial investment, many things to break and clog, etc.

If grown in a nice airy organic soil mix and watered with good organic amendments, growth enhancers and beneficial fungi (mycorrhizae), you will easily compete with that of a hydroponic system. Your end result will be full flavored, non-chemical tasting buds. They can be arguably, slightly more potent due to the fact that, as of now, science cannot compete with Mother Nature and naturally occurring elements.

Bottom line - unless you are obsessed with fittings, toys and technology (and many are) organics can grow nearly as fast, just as big (if not bigger), better tasting and IMHO more potent buds. And they do this with very little initial investment, and are very forgiving of newbie mistakes.

Author: glass joe

Sick man. Very well written.

I'll just grow organically because that's the only way I know how. Been doing it that way in my vegetable garden for 25+ years. What works for vegetables works for cannabis.

I have a strong background in pharmaceutical chemistry and molecular genetics, so you'd think I'd be all into hydro growing, but my garden is one place where I do not want shelves of potion bottles and strange chemicals. It is actually far easier just to make your own homemade compost, earthworm castings, songbird guano collected beneath my birdfeeders, etc. Of course, I'm not afraid to spend money on good nutrients, but I'm glad I don't have to. Other than the initial investment in some quality soil and my lights and hardware, there's really not all that much ongoing costs, and very little reason to go down to the indoor gardening shop for much of anything.

But in the end, what works for you is what you should do. Twenty years ago, I would have loved being the mad scientist with my awesome hydro setup.

Hydro > organic..

Its simple logic..

You start organic because your broke and its cheap. Then you get a niche for it. Because its easy af to frow this way. A frog could grow it.

Hydro is expensive and you have to know your shit. Im talking every aspect if growing. Everything... Thats why people talk crap about it .ITS. Pure jealousy.

Because your average grower is a lazy POS that CANNOT HOLD A A REAL JOB. So they look for alternative routes not realizing their shit work ethic transfers over into their grow as well!

This isnt every case. But its close. I grow veganically and Dwc Hydro fusion setup.....

Google.com/andymiller420

Thats how you grow!

Hydro more yeild smoother taste higher trich production.. All day long...

Interesting read, but I think most people choose hydro because its less work and faster growth. When it comes to making money, hydro is the way to go. But if you're the type of person with a few quality plants to care and nurture, then soil is where its at.

I am new to all this. My questions are: can i just use miracle grow soil once i get the seeds started? also for watering, would the water collected from a dehumifier work for watering?

first time grower here, trying to decide whether to go Hydro or the "soil route".... does anyone know anything about these Hydro Grow Tents that are for sale? They make them for soil also.. are they good? Do they work? Are they worth the money??

There is something almost magic with organic grows.... i am teaching my siblings to grow veggies the organic way, including high-brix mineralisation and teas...and the strawberries taste...well...magic :)

Back
Top Bottom