I Got Busted (California)

420dude

Hi, well im gonna try to make it brief,if you guys need more info,let me know(i want to help you help me)

I got pulled over while driving with sum friends to the observatory couple days ago,we had smoked a lil and had weed with us. I got pulled over for an unrelated reason,we weren't doing anything wrong. but the cop smelled the weed and told us to get out..anyway,me and one of my friends got tickets for "possession of less than an ounce".

on the ticket it says(its so freakin hard to read,they need to learn how to write neatly) something about 23222(b)vc driver in possession of less than 1oz of marijuana
I googled "23222(b)vc" and found this:

V.C. Section 23222 - Possession of Marijuana or Open Container While Driving

so yea.

anyway, i am a student at a CalState University and I am stressing out about this. Once this goes in my record i will have difficulties paying for school, since the scholarships and financial aid I apply to asks me about this type of things. I really dont want to drop out of school for this.

anyway, i found this link. should i give them a call??

San Bernardino Marijuana Charge Lawyers - Southern California Marijuana Arrest Attorneys - Riverside Drug Crime Lawyer - Neil Shouse & Associates

On their website i read this:

"The concern of most people charged with HS 11357 (B) is simply the stigma of having it on their criminal record. But there are a number of ways of avoiding conviction. Proposition 36, Deferred Entry of Judgment and Drug Court are possibilities.

In our experience, however, most judges and prosecutors are willing to arrange an "informal diversion" to 11357(B) HS charges. Under this arrangement, for example, the person might attend a few meetings of narcotics anonymous, or do a few days of community service, and the case will be dropped. No criminal conviction is recorded, and no criminal record is created."

does this mean i have hope?

one last thing, on the ticket, next to the violation its says "Eligible for dismissal?" and the check box is checked to "No"

does this eliminate the proposition 36 thing?

sorry for the long post,and any help will be highly appreciated.

P.S. i do not have a medical marijuana card.

anyway, i found this link. should i give them a call??

San Bernardino Marijuana Charge Lawyers - Southern California Marijuana Arrest Attorneys - Riverside Drug Crime Lawyer
Yes I am assuming you are between 18 & 21. I do suggest you discuss this with an Attorney who is familiar with the laws in your State and County regading this issue.
Been there done it, don't want to do it again. It always get better.:smokin:

Well I'll call them up then. oh and yea im 18.

Damn im so frustrated,oh and does anyone know about the "eligible for dismissal" thing i talked about? and if that eliminates the option of being benefited by prop 36?..

well I will ask the attorney and let u guys know what i found out.

oh and does anyone know of a 'better' lawyer? or are they a good choice.

thanks,

Back
Top Bottom