I hate being high - Do I decarboxylate my cannabis? For tincture?

skindeep

I know this will sound totally stupid to lots of you, But I hate the feeling of being high. I want to make a medicine, I was thinking of making a cannabis and coconut oil mixture, but I now think a tincture will last longer? Do I decarboxylate if I do not wish to get high? Or no I need to decarb to activate the medicinal benefits. I can not smoke as I am 7 years nicotine free.

Hi skindeep, no easy answer for these questions. IMHO to receive all the possible benefits from cannabis the user must consume both decarbed & non-decarbed cannabinoids. This is done by making the oil with two methods, a low temp for the non-decarbed meds and a high temp for decarbed oil. As for smoking, there are studies now showing there is little to no damage from smoking cannabis but to be safe just get a vaporizer.

The ND-OIL can be taken during the day and the DEC-OIL at night which will minimize being high while awake. The one thing you must remember is that the decarbed cannabinoids especially the THC does the majority of the repairs and is the most beneficial of the cannabinoids in this state (this may change as more studies are done on cannabinoids).

Hope this helps and best of luck.

There is also a supplement called Citicoline which is supposed to stop you getting high. I haven't tried it myself but it's discussed in one or two of the oil/tacking threads. Have been meaning to give it a good test as my GF hates being high too and we're trying to medicate her.

Back
Top Bottom