i have 3 CFL lights equaling 1750lumens is this enough for now?

smokinthe719

P062809162350.jpg

yummy: ok so i posted a thread on here the other day asking about light i have read alot on here and i just want to know if my bulbs will do for now i baught what was sucgested from peeps on here so i have baughtin
3 CFL coil bulbs each with 1750lumens
2 of them burn at 6500k just bright white :surf:
1 of them burns at 7500k bluesh white color :surf:
so i have only 5250lumens all together
is this good for a while ? for veg any way my plants are just seedlings but i do have an over fed plant that is a month old and was going good at a friends house before i over fed it these bulbs burn realy cool my box was at 22C today and it was 39C out side NICE
but i am scared how how it will be when i get my 400W HPS i want but that would come till i get money
please anything helps
:rollit: thank you :rollit:

i dont know best response to the question, but it looks to me like you could use more lights coming from different angle, regardless of how many lumens you have.

while we are on the subject though, what would be the right kind of CFL bulb to only veg with? and how many per sq ft or plant?

while we are on the subject though, what would be the right kind of CFL bulb to only veg with? and how many per sq ft or plant?

For vegging with CFL's I would prefer 23W energy saver Daylight 6500K, usually between 1,600 and 1,750 lumens per bulb, they are the ones that look blue. And as far as how many per plant, thats debatable. I've seen as many as 10 CFL's to one plant and as little as 1 CFL to a plant. But I usually run 5 lights per plant. But more or less what makes you happy and your electric bill happy lol. :ganjamon:

thanx i am going to go get a bigger CFL today that has 6500lumens its huge i will hang that from the top an have my smaller ones on the sides

The goal is to get 10000 lumens to your girls.

Cool white, or daylight (blues spec) for veg

Soft white (red specs) for flower

Combining both spectrums together is a great idea, so long as the correct spectrum is dominant.

Cfl's work just fine, especially if heat is an issue.

10000 lumens per plant?

I guess i'm trying to figure out the general accepted light need of a given plant. I know it differs, but lets just assume you dont know the given strain.

well today i picked up some free lights free is always nice lol
4 more CFL bulbs soft white 900 lumens apiece
that brings me to 8850 lumens lol
i know that 10000 is best but if that for one plant i cant so that now i am a first timer and i have a buddy that rocks had killer shit last month when they budded mad crystals on the buds he had 15000lumen on 2 plants so like 7500 per
on another note my 1 month old is dryin out and starting to turn yellow? i know i over feed but any way to keep it can i cut it and it sprout new leafs? i have been tryin to do a flush i have had one outa 2 die and this one has hung in there any ideas????
and i have 4 seedlings going for now 2 are going to go out side once i think they are big enough to trans plant
also my light pattern is 12/12 should i change it? i have a 2 month old on its last lem and 4 seedlings that just got there first pointed leafs whats best for seedlings and for how long untill changing to 12/12 if that not what they need now i want to bud fast amount is not the issue here i want good kush but i want atleast a half ounce but i want it fast to hoping for 8-9 weeks here
anything will help sorry so long lol

i still dont understand why you dont have the space? the picture of the box looks like theres space all over the place. why not run an extension cord to each wall, hang a power strip and plug in the adaptors the take light bulbs right there.

Have you seen the stratlogic hydrobucket grow? look there, he does it and hangs quite a bit of lights for one plant, hydro.

well today i picked up some free lights free is always nice lol
4 more CFL bulbs soft white 900 lumens apiece
that brings me to 8850 lumens lol
i know that 10000 is best but if that for one plant i cant so that now i am a first timer and i have a buddy that rocks had killer shit last month when they budded mad crystals on the buds he had 15000lumen on 2 plants so like 7500 per

Yea if your vegging you dont want the soft white bulbs, you want daylight bulbs. Soft white has more of the red spectrum in them for flowering, and daylight has more of the blue spectrum in them for vegging. Putting them together is fine, just make sure the right spectrum is more dominant.

i never said i didnt have space i just want it fast i am impashant lol
as of the lighting i am tryin my best lol i have little money right now lol
i will try and have the daylight dominate thanks so much

Back
Top Bottom