I have a question...

its_good

When making canna-oil is it possible to make it without heating it? I found a recipe that said it was possible but I'm skeptical. Does anyone know if this is a proven way of THC extraction? Or is it more appropriate to heat it?

:allgood: Thanks,

iphets

It's possible but certainly not practical. It would have to sit for a very very very long time. The oil would most certainly go bad.

the oil wont go bad. heating it releases the thc slowly and it is absorbed by the fat cells of the oil which are also more active when heated. mix the oil with the right amount of bud let it simmer for at least 3hrs then strain it and boom there you go. If you want to get real crazy pm me and ill give you an excellent recepie for a little thing we like to call the ooze.

chronx said:
the oil wont go bad. heating it releases the thc slowly and it is absorbed by the fat cells of the oil which are also more active when heated. mix the oil with the right amount of bud let it simmer for at least 3hrs then strain it and boom there you go. If you want to get real crazy pm me and ill give you an excellent recepie for a little thing we like to call the ooze.

Shit... I want some ooze. Hahaha.

*sigh* I guess chronx didn't read the part where he said he didn't want to heat it.

One Three said:
*sigh* I guess chronx didn't read the part where he said he didn't want to heat it.

Sigh indeed. My guess is that because of the viscosity and pretty much non-existent oxidation properties of oil, it would have to sit much longer than an alcohol-cannabis mixture of equal temperature.

Just don't do it unless you're going to heat it. Besides you want to kill any potential botulism-producing bacteria - they are everywhere. Especially if you plan on storing it for a while. You don't want to come back to your oil after a few weeks, take a shot of it and die within minutes =(

Point is, heat it or don't use oil. Or just smoke it. Or check out one of the many, many, many good threads here on cannabis consumption.

Peace, good luck, and stay botulin free!

Back
Top Bottom