I have a question?

OrangeSpice

ok im a new grower and im not sure what seeds to choose.. male.. female? and how do u tell? also what kind of stuff should i be using to help my plants dankify.

thank you all for your help..
OrangeSpice :bong:

i still need to no how to tell female from male and which one do i choose... i no just about everything else there is to no.. but no one ever really just told me flat out.. male or female..ive read everything there is to read about growing.. and i still dont no..

you cant tell if a plant will be male or female from lookin at the seed. unless you order feminized seeds or female seeds, then it's a 50/50 chance that the plant can be male... and male's are no good unless for breeding purposes... the female plant is the one that produces the bud that you see everywhere

There's a trememdous amount of info around this site. The Grow Journals are amazing...go check it out

Here's the break down for you.

MJ is an annual plant. Meaning it completes it's life cycle in one year.

Males produce pollen sacks and leaves

Female plants produce buds (flowers) (woah nelly thats somethin to think about)

Males produce pollen to fertilize females flowers to produce seeds completing the life cycle.

now then. I don't know about you but I don't like seeds in my bud. That is unless I was growing for seed (hats off to akorn.)

So most people eliminate males from there grow so that it only produces female plants meaning seedless HQ weed. This is called sensimillia (sp?)

So to answer your question, you only want female if you can afford it. If not remove any males from your garden as they show sex (Males will show as said above little pollen sacks.)

Hope this answered your question.

And just so we are all clear... Some of this maybe slightly softened to avoid getting into deeper discusion of hermis and that whole thing...

Back
Top Bottom