I have always wondered

JetLiIsTheMan

why is it that the prohibition of all the drugs today require only laws, while the prohibition of alcohol required a constitutional amendment.

also how can they make a law prohibiting the use of marijuana when the use of it is a basic belief of rastafarians and the first amendment says:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof
more like any religion that follows the already made laws, like you cant have sacrifices or shit

an amendment is harder to alter, you need much more to get rid of it, mainly another amendment, so the only reason it was an amendment is so that it could be more permenant

Drug controll laws are very sticky. Originally marijauna wasnt even illegal, you just needed a permit, which is impossible to get. I'm not to well versed but I think today they pretty much put drugs under control of the FDA, which I dont think was around during Prohibition, or was maybe just getting started.

Back
Top Bottom