I-inhale

did anyone besides me on this site even end up getting one? i got mine in the mail yesterday off of ebay for under $200. and let me tell you... it was well worth it.

did anyone besides me on this site even end up getting one? i got mine in the mail yesterday off of ebay for under $200. and let me tell you... it was well worth it.
Read the thread. you'll see several members have one. If I didn't already own 12 vapes I'd get one too. The wife says I collect vapes like she does shoes.lol

I do have a question though! Which may have to do with my limited vapour experience.

It says to warm this puppy up for 4-5 minutes to get things really going, and 10 minutes to get perfect. What I don't get is how do I know if I'm wasting the vapour or not just having it sit there for 10 minutes? Will the vapour only leave the chamber when I inhale? You may very well laugh, but i've been butting my thumb over the mouth hole, and thinking of getting a cap for it while i'm waiting for it to heat up.. haha.

Whats the word?
You don't really have to wait 5-10 minutes. You can start getting vapor after a couple of minutes. You can also preheat the vape before you load it if you want. Preheating with the bowl/herb chamber in the unit is best, but even if you load the herb chamber and only insert it after you preheat, it can help. You can load the bowl after you preheat the intact unit, but you'll have to use a loading method that keeps your hands off the hot chamber. If you're concerned about preheating with herb loaded, then do it without the chamber installed or without herb. Since the heating pin does contact the herb, there can be some herb heating if you preheat 'loaded'.

i like the vapir o2 better and the vapor one for parties and with friends

i like the vapir o2 better and the vapor one for parties and with friends
Glad to hear you like the vapir products. Your one of the lucky very few who say that. Both of my vapir vapes sucked. If the fan stayed working right they ended up leaking more vapor than they provided and then they didn't vaporize the weed very well anyway. And these were the new and better vapir 5.0 systems that supposedly addressed the loud fans and leakage issue that the vapir 1, 2, 3, and 4's were known for. Plus I was able to take the spent/vaped herb from the vapir and get 2 full bags more of dense vapor by putting it into the herbalaire. That was how inefficient the vapir vapes were for me. But if your happy with yours please use it. Your the one who needs to be satisfied and as long as that happens it's all good. Matter of fact I'll vape a bowl in congrats for you right now with my vaportower. 3 payments allowed to buy it and a lifetime warranty. No other vape offers a lifetime warranty that I know of.

Awesome thing #1: They make statements regarding adherence to ISO and FDA materials. These folks are concerned about your health, and not only in making dollars. MANY vaporizers (Digi-Vape and similar...hehem) use materials that SUPPLY your lungs with extra toxic materials (plasticizers and phthalates from tubing).

WATCH OUT: Whenever ANY hydrocarbon gas (propane, butane, even ethanol) is used to generate heat, it will indeed produce water vapor, but you also produce CO2, the greenhouse gas, and often enough small amounts of CO (poisonous carbon monoxide). So, when you use a gas fuel source you are producing CO2, which in this case you inhale. This unit claims a separate exhaust stream, which is great!

But...once again the claim isn't quite accurate and that's poor business practice. They say:

"...it expels the butane as harmless water vapor through the escape ports located on the port of the unit."

Where is the carbon that they didn't mention? Butane is C4H10. In combustion this happens:
C4H10 + 6.5 O2 -> 5 H2O + 4 CO2 (there are exceptions)

They claim: C4H10 + O2 -> H2O - That is physically impossible. Where is the carbon?

How is this unit catalytic? What is the catalyst? Toxic heavy metals?

They tell you that H2O comes out. Where does the CO2 go? If there is a catalytic scavenger then the scrubber will reach full capacity and require replacement at some point, but there is no mention of these being available. Either the unit produces CO2, a greenhouse gas, or it requires that you periodically disassemble the unit and replace a scrubber at some cost.

Read between the lines.

As for design, well, it's nifty. But keep in mind safety concerns such as this: You have a pressurized cylinder of butane in your face!
Peace.

Does anyone know if what Biscanna says is true?

I bought the Iolite yesterday, im glad i found this post, heating the unit with the herb in it for 10 minutes produces the best results for me. I know the manufacturer stated that Ronson butane is recommended, but my local head shop told me to stay away from it and to get a more refined butane. I ended up purchasing Vector Quintuplus which is filtered 5 times. Grinding up the herb as finely as possible (through a grinder) produces better vapor.

This thing definitely gets the job done, but i'd still rather rip the 16 diffuser zob. :yummy:

Does anyone know if what Biscanna says is true?
I look at it this way. The unit vents exhaust out the exhaust port. You're sucking on the mouthpiece, not the exhaust. What's in the exhaust (CO, CO2, whatever-except carbon-there is no carbon residue-it would be soot, which would be kind of noticeable, since it's black) is expelled into a ventilated area, unless you're vaping in a closet with the door closed. And with this vape, what would be the purpose of that? IMO the exhaust gases, volume wise, are much less than what you're exposed to in a car with a slightly leaky exhaust system, or just walking around in your typically polluted city-or smoking a joint for that matter.

My Ioilite was ordered this Monday... came yesterday (Wed.) after about 48 hours! We were excited, went and bought fuel, and loved it
until 1/2 hr ago when it refused to turn back on...
and still refuse.

(why won't you just WORK?!!!)

I've read every forum out there on this Vape, and I'm hoping that this won't be a huge P.I.T.A. for me, since shipping was free.... don't want to pay for s/h when it's a faulty unit. I'll keep everyone posted.

*fingers crossed*

I would buy this model from a seller who will do a warranty replacement. They seem to have more problems than the average vape and I wouldn't want to have to return it to Ireland for service.

We did purchase it from Vaporstore, and There is no " SUBMIT" button on your contact page...
:(
so here's the info!

Order ID# 15878
Type of Inquiry VaporWarez - Product/Service Questions
Which product(s) or service(s) are your referring to? I-Olite (I think it's last yr's model, with lower screen/removable heating pin)
Comment | Questions Hi, my name is Lana. I ordered the I-olite on Monday for my dad. We got it yesterday (SO FAST!!) through Vaporstore.com.
Strangely, it didn't seem to take the butane at first, so we purchased the best butane we could find...
It worked without much of a problem after we purchased the high grade butane.
That is, it worked until an hour ago. when it refused to turn back on.
We had been using it, and turned it off to refill the chamber and butane. (yes, we purged the air first, and followed directions while filling)
After refilling the butane/replacing the chamber, we flicked the switch and heard no noise.

We decided to wait in case it was just due to the cold (from the butane).

I then purged it again, and refilled it, waited a few minutes and it started fine.

Should I be concerned? We think there seems to be a problem with the butane going into the converter.... maybe? Any help, feedback, or troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

Overall, we DO love this product, and already have friends knocking down the door to try it out.
So please, PLEASE!!! help!!!!
thank you so much!!!

We did purchase it from Vaporstore, and There is no " SUBMIT" button on your contact page...
:(
so here's the info!

Order ID# 15878
Type of Inquiry VaporWarez - Product/Service Questions
Which product(s) or service(s) are your referring to? I-Olite (I think it's last yr's model, with lower screen/removable heating pin)
Comment | Questions Hi, my name is Lana. I ordered the I-olite on Monday for my dad. We got it yesterday (SO FAST!!) through Vaporstore.com.
Strangely, it didn't seem to take the butane at first, so we purchased the best butane we could find...
It worked without much of a problem after we purchased the high grade butane.
That is, it worked until an hour ago. when it refused to turn back on.
We had been using it, and turned it off to refill the chamber and butane. (yes, we purged the air first, and followed directions while filling)
After refilling the butane/replacing the chamber, we flicked the switch and heard no noise.

We decided to wait in case it was just due to the cold (from the butane).

I then purged it again, and refilled it, waited a few minutes and it started fine.

Should I be concerned? We think there seems to be a problem with the butane going into the converter.... maybe? Any help, feedback, or troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

Overall, we DO love this product, and already have friends knocking down the door to try it out.
So please, PLEASE!!! help!!!!
thank you so much!!!
You didn't see the "continue" button at the bottom of the page? Hmmm...I see it when I use the link. Maybe you should try it again and see if you see the "continue" button now.

I have no doubt the vaporstore will be able to help you. Like I've reported before...I've never found a better customer service department and I do a lot of shopping online and deal with a lot of service departments.

You didn't see the "continue" button at the bottom of the page? Hmmm...I see it when I use the link. Maybe you should try it again and see if you see the "continue" button now.

I have no doubt the vaporstore will be able to help you. Like I've reported before...I've never found a better customer service department and I do a lot of shopping online and deal with a lot of service departments.

damn it.... still no Submit button. I found the Continue, but after I fill out the form and hit continue, it doesn't have any way to SUBMIT the info... wtf?

Great thread i think you guys just saved me $300.....

Does it really only heat up to about 370F ????

I wonder what the reasons are that limit the vape to that temp?

peace

The temp is fixed because it would be very difficult to have it variable with a unit this size-also more expensive and less reliable. The temp used is in the same range as any fixed temp vape. You get vapor that delivers most of the useful compounds, while avoiding most of the toxic compounds that release at higher temps. A lot of people that vape at the 'clean' end of the temp range will save the leftovers to make edibles.

Back
Top Bottom