I need help with 1st room

WestRider23

Hi everyone. I will be starting my first real room soon and just had a few questions. I think I will have two rooms, one for veg and one for flower. If I wanted to do 6x6 for the flowering room would 3 600w hps be enough light? Hom many plants could I fit in a space that big? How big would I need to make the veg room? Could I provide enough light to all the plants that would fit in a 6x6 flowering room with 1 600w mh in the veg room? Can I just plug 4 600w lights and 3 or 4 inline fans in to normal power sockets? And I will be dealling with some serious heat issues. It can get upwards of 115 F in the summer where I live. The rooms will be in a bigger room...(i.e. garage) can I use that to my advantage? Any other advice would be very much appreciated!

Hi everyone. I will be starting my first real room soon and just had a few questions. I think I will have two rooms, one for veg and one for flower. If I wanted to do 6x6 for the flowering room would 3 600w hps be enough light? Hom many plants could I fit in a space that big? How big would I need to make the veg room? Could I provide enough light to all the plants that would fit in a 6x6 flowering room with 1 600w mh in the veg room? Can I just plug 4 600w lights and 3 or 4 inline fans in to normal power sockets? And I will be dealling with some serious heat issues. It can get upwards of 115 F in the summer where I live. The rooms will be in a bigger room...(i.e. garage) can I use that to my advantage? Any other advice would be very much appreciated!

one room for veg and one for flower is a good idea. with that many lights in such a small space its gonna be really hard to keep it cool. i sugest running an a/c unit to cool your lights. find a way to convert your a/c unit so that the cool air goes into some 6" conduit that goes directly to ur lights and then out your grom area.
also space for plants. with such a small room and so many lights you might want to have 2 plants for every light. you want your light to get to the underside of the plants as well. dont over crowed! if plants get to crowded then try bending your branches to where they can get more light. but be careful and dont break the plant. its like working out. when you tear down your muscles you must let them heal before working out again. same goes with plants bend them and let them heal! so if ur plants are looking crowded i eather dont grow so many the next time or shape them from the time they start to veg to give them more room to move
:goodluck:

What Ballasts are you running? I bought 2 Soltek HPS 1250w Digital Ballasts w/remote as they can split into 2x600w or run both at 1000. I've never used it in that capacity though the option is there. What hoods are you using? I suggest cool-tubes and an inline fan connecting to your out going fan line, you're going to be producing a lot of heat and depending on your house and climate you'll have problems and heat stress coming into summer!

What Ballasts are you running? I bought 2 Soltek HPS 1250w Digital Ballasts w/remote as they can split into 2x600w or run both at 1000. I've never used it in that capacity though the option is there. What hoods are you using? I suggest cool-tubes and an inline fan connecting to your out going fan line, you're going to be producing a lot of heat and depending on your house and climate you'll have problems and heat stress coming into summer!
Hi Ganja Droid 420

The post that you commented on is from 2010.

Happens to all of us.

*whips out his flux capacitor* :tommy:

Back
Top Bottom