If you knew then what you know now

Irusan

Firstly, thank you to the admins and community for providing such an excellent resource and opportunity to share something that brings great joy to many.

I have a question for the seasoned horticulturists on the board: If you knew then what you now know, how would you begin?

If you had a closet 1.65 x 0.60 with 2.4m head space, hollow floors and direct access to attic space and decided to attempt your first grow, how would you proceed?

I'm looking for simple but efficient. Maintenance and cost are't major factors, but what little time and resources I have I'd like to use wisely if I can.

I'm looking for maximum yield so that I may enjoy a summer break and share the fruits of my labour with those who lack the opportunity I've been blessed with.

Sincerest thanks in advance for your time and advice.

May everyday be :420:

Irusan

Re: If you knew then what you know now...

If I knew what I know now I would have helped to realize that it really isn't as complicated or as daunting as it all first seems. It's pretty basic and really not that hard to do.

If you follow basic tips and read often, buy a book, that's all you need. People second-guess themselves and think it can't be that easy when really it is.

Look on the forum, people ask questions, and it's almost always the same answers.

Re: If you knew then what you know now...

Thanks JJ. Realizing things aren't as complicated as they first appear seems a good general rule of thumb.

I'll smoke an L, relax and keep reading. Any books you can recommend?

I've selected two strains to grow from seed under 600w HPS all the way through. I'm pretty sure I'm going with coir as a medium.

Will have active intake in the floor and an extractor with carbon filter above. Both 4". And 2 x 6" fans to create an air current.
Also a hygrometer/thermometer.

Watering, nutes and PH management my next stop.

Godspeed, we'll be bedding down the first of the babies in 10 days or so.

Back
Top Bottom