What would you guys do with this space????

blueridgegrow

Hello guys, I would love to get some input from you on how to set up a new grow room. I would like to tell you what I have and what my goals are and then get some feedback.

Here is what I have to work with:

I have a cinder block building with one door and no windows. It has a 9 foot ceiling and the inside dimensions are roughly 8.5' x 8.5'. The door is a 3' door in one corner that swings to the inside. The building has 2.5 inch insulation on the inside walls, a concrete floor with a 3" floor drain, water, and electricity (4 circuits).

I currently own two LED lights that are supposedly 400 watt equivalents and i have used them on a couple of inside grows and the results are okay with me. The manufacturer suggest approximately a 12 square foot grow area for each. I also have a 24" 4-bulb high output T-5 flourescent fixture and a 48" 8-bulb high output T-5 fixture.

I would like to use the room & fixtures I have to set up a new grow space. I would like to continue to use soil since I have the things I need and don't have the $ to spend nor the time to learn another technique. I want to grow for me, my wife, my dad, and my brother. I would really like to grow a little more than I need for putting away for hard times or sharing with folks in need.

I am interested in keeping 3-6 moms all the time and intend to keep them small (bonsai-like) and having a perpetual harvest operation going. I tend to lean toward the hybrid or sativa side of things. I don't think I have much opportunity for adding a fresh air source (the block building has no windows and the owner doesn't want holes cut in it) so i was wondering if CO2 supplementation would fill the need for fresh CO2.....can I do this with the sugar and yeast homemade CO2 generators?

I have tried inside grows in 5 gallon buckets and in 1 gallon smart pots with success in each type but would like some input on how to get the most yield out of the space/electricity I am using.

I know I have rambled some and feel like I may have left out some important details....please ask for any info you might need to help me come up with a plan.

I have read a bunch and have several ideas but would like to get some input from some other growers regarding my specific situation.

Thank you very much for the assistance!!!
BRG

Back
Top Bottom