Illinois: Feedback From Medical Marijuana Patients Expected To Determine Product

Robert Celt

Before he was approved for medical marijuana in Illinois, Lake Villa resident Steven Bourgeois began using cannabis oil obtained out-of-state to treat severe back pain associated with spinal scoliosis.

The 63-year-old was then diagnosed with prostate cancer but opted out of radiation or surgery upon learning his prostate-specific antigen (PSA) score had dropped to a normal level.

Only a biopsy can determine if Bourgeois is indeed in remission, but if he is, he's giving the credit to cannabis.

"The bottom line is I had been taking the oil for pain relief, but then had inadvertently cured my prostate cancer as well," Bourgeois said.

Now a patient at The Clinic Mundelein, the first medical marijuana dispensary to open in Lake County, Bourgeois waits for the state to approve products that suits his needs because he is unable to smoke the dry plant.

"I know the availability of the product is a function of the newness of the cannabis program and I accept that. The variety has been adequate and yes, I have found relief, but I am more in need of various methods of consumption rather than smoking or vaping. What I need are edibles and concentrates such as oils, tinctures, etc.," he said.

"The more each patient knows what works best for them, the more empowered they become to manage their own illness."

MMJ_for_pain.jpg

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Illinois: Feedback From Medical Marijuana Patients Expected To Determine Product
Author: Angela Sykora
Photo Credit: None found

Back
Top Bottom