Illinois' First Week Of Medical Marijuana Sales: $211K

Jacob Redmond

Illinois' new medical marijuana shops sold nearly $211,000 worth of cannabis in the first week, with less than a quarter of eligible patients buying so far.

The state's first regulated marijuana dispensaries opened Monday.

Program director Joseph Wright said Friday the dispensaries served 806 customers. They purchased about 460 ounces of marijuana, or about a half an ounce per person, on average.

Green Thumb Industries CEO Ben Kovler says the numbers are "a very strong start."

A statewide digital tracking system is in place to monitor sales. The first week dispensary sales figures indicate that the price per ounce on average was roughly $450, or about $16 per gram.

Marijuana wholesalers pay a 7 percent tax to the state. Wright says wholesale sales figures aren't yet available.

13743.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Illinois' First Week Of Medical Marijuana Sales: $211K
Author: The Associated Press
Photo Credit: None Found

At what prices for this " medicine"? What a joke. A sad, pathetic joke. Oh, we are for medical marijuana, but people having the civil right to be self regulating and self deciding? That's too much for us. This whole " medical" marijuana thing is so self delusional. There is nothing wrong with us making our own choices in life. Why do we give that up so easily? So we admit that the Republican ( traditional) philosophies of the right of the individual to make decisions in their own lives has now totally gone away. What sad pathetic creatures we have become.

Hahahaha. The very absurdity of your position is revealed in your wording: OUR government ALLOWING US. We have already signed onto the fascistic model if we sincerely believe that. Are we men or are we mice to be controlled and manipulated against our wills? Like your "union" rules: do you guys control the union or do you not? The number one imperative for unions should be JOB PERFORMANCE, attendance, not what you do when you are not on the clock. So you laid off now, and they still exert total control over your life and body? Fascism is way overrated! So you gonna be a scared little boy worried yer mom is gonna find out you been whacking off? Wait 7 years to be a real man and standing up for yourself? If you won't stand up for yourself, you can't expect anyone else to do it for you. What sad pathetic specimens we have become, your union forefathers who had bravery and the realization that fights need fought for human dignity and basic human rights have fought and been killed, fired, and injured for your union are a thing " of the past"? We being little cowards could never even organize unions now. We a bunch of little sniveling cowards. You closet supporters make our job just that much harder. You won't stand up for yourselves, THAT IS THE PROBLEM. I want higher wages, better working conditions, but let someone else risk themselves for those things so I can benefit from them. That is hypocracy and sniveling cowardice. Are you a man, a citizen, or a little sniveling boy who sneaks a peek at a playboy out of your daddies drawer? Come on, folks, let's get real here. A healthy dose of reality is what we all need. STAND UP for YOURSELF. It easier to be mad at me for pointing out the absurdity and basic yellow streaked cowardice than to do real personal interspection because that personal interspection, maybe you not like what you see and the dichotomy of what you say you believe and what you actually believe! Someone will find out what you doing in your closet! They always do. Especially since you have posted it on here! The GOVERNMENT already knows! " So "they" will be coming for you! What a crock of self delusional horseshit! And this comes from someone who is sincerely your friend! STAND UP FOR YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!! PUT THE SKIRT AWAY and be a man! Be a proud UNION man for a change! WHY, tell me, should we fight for your rights when you refuse to fight for your own rights?

Illinois' new medical marijuana shops sold nearly $211,000 worth of cannabis in the first week, with less than a quarter of eligible patients buying so far.

The state's first regulated marijuana dispensaries opened Monday.

Program director Joseph Wright said Friday the dispensaries served 806 customers. They purchased about 460 ounces of marijuana, or about a half an ounce per person, on average.

Green Thumb Industries CEO Ben Kovler says the numbers are "a very strong start."

A statewide digital tracking system is in place to monitor sales. The first week dispensary sales figures indicate that the price per ounce on average was roughly $450, or about $16 per gram.

Marijuana wholesalers pay a 7 percent tax to the state. Wright says wholesale sales figures aren't yet available.

13743.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Illinois' First Week Of Medical Marijuana Sales: $211K
Author: The Associated Press
Photo Credit: None Found

And if they just made it easier to qualify for and easier to find a doctor it would go up I bet (just my humble opinion) and they would get more tax money for the state and to help the deficit. I have been trying so hard to get a card that I'm about to give up. and this is after writing a boatload of letters to politicians years ago to get the trial program approved (one of my letters to our Congresswoman was read to the politicians before the vote in Springfield) and joining the MPP but I can't find any help from anyone even though I am in terrible pain 24/7, have PTSD and suffer from depression. I have no access to any MJ let alone medical and the opiates I'm on are shortening my life span already. I am almost ready to throw the towel in and let the opiates end me. Thanks for the info though, that's encouraging at least especially to the people who have access to medical MJ and are waiting to see how the "trial program" does even though I'm almost sure the government is limiting it to so few people so it will fail and they can say they tried. Sorry to sound so negative, I just don't want the opiates to kill me since I've been on them for so many years now and I've done everything I could think of to get help with no luck. You need a Doc to say you need it to get your card (the way I understand it) and even though my Family Doc and my Pain Doc both agree it would be good for me, they won't have anything to do with it and I can't find a Doc anywhere in far northern Illinois that will write it. So sorry to sound so down, It's just a bad day for me with my pain and depression.

Back
Top Bottom