I'm about to buy LED lights, help me choose ~$700

I save 50$ per month based on my friends 600w hps.

SG

How are you saving 50$ per month based on your friends 600w HPS? What figures are you basing this on??? Total electric bills??? There is to many variables....

That is only factual if you are growing the same # of plants and yielding the exact same amount of 420 over the same amount of time - and are only calculating the costs of the grow and you are paying 50$ less a month for your yield... but if he is yielding even just 7 grams more you... your at a 50$ loss.

How are you saving 50$ per month based on your friends 600w HPS? What figures are you basing this on??? Total electric bills??? There is to many variables....

That is only factual if you are growing the same # of plants and yielding the exact same amount of 420 over the same amount of time - and are only calculating the costs of the grow and you are paying 50$ less a month for your yield... but if he is yielding even just 7 grams more you... your at a 50$ loss.

can u put a price on stealthiness in a non medical state? Buddy got busted based on his electric bill and thermal print. Don't ask me how just saying what was told to him. So ya i'll take the less yield if the end product is piece of mind, not arguing just telling ya why I feel like that.

SG

can u put a price on stealthiness in a non medical state? Buddy got busted based on his electric bill and thermal print. Don't ask me how just saying what was told to him. So ya i'll take the less yield if the end product is piece of mind, not arguing just telling ya why I feel like that.

SG

Thermal print... get Block-IR, reflectix or properly insulate your grow. You can simply just put up Plexi-glass around your grow space to thwart thermal imaging.

Electric bill??? You worry too much... Your only a 600w stealth grow.... not nearly enough to create enough of a spike in your electric to draw attention... even if your only living in a single bed apt. You just need to be prepared with answers - like... I got a new 50" plasma TV.
50$ a month isnt diddly....

The way to set up a grow is to go to a new place, and when put the electric in your name - tell them more people live there than actually do.... if they quiz you to generate a projected electrical consumption lie, bigger tvs, more tvs, more computers, electric heat.... so many ways... be creative....

Thermal print... get Block-IR, reflectix or properly insulate your grow. You can simply just put up Plexi-glass around your grow space to thwart thermal imaging.

Electric bill??? You worry too much... Your only a 600w stealth grow.... not nearly enough to create enough of a spike in your electric to draw attention... even if your only living in a single bed apt. You just need to be prepared with answers - like... I got a new 50" plasma TV.
50$ a month isnt diddly....

The way to set up a grow is to go to a new place, and when put the electric in your name - tell them more people live there than actually do.... if they quiz you to generate a projected electrical consumption lie, bigger tvs, more tvs, more computers, electric heat.... so many ways... be creative....

Like I said bro was not trying to be whatever, just new to this and well you kind of get a reality check I guess when a friend gets raided or w/e. I want the HPS bad though = /

SG

Your friend was busted with thermal cameras? Don't think so.

the whole thermal shit is all BS. its just for sales. they cant see right threw ur walls and see ur grow space. they see the heat coming out of ur house from the fans and stuff and they can tell by the temp that is growing heat. just like when you watch cops and the heli if following a guy on foot once the go under a tree you cant see him on the camera anymore. if you can see threw a tree how are you gonna see threw a house? its all BS IMO

its simple bro if you grow in a apartment where u can run vent fans and ducting on in a smaller closet where heat is a prob, or just a micro grow, then leds might be ideal for you.

now if you have the setup to grow on a bigger scale with more plants and space where u can run fans then HID is best for you. its cheaper to run HID then allot of led units, until i see leds smoke HPS i will believe this. and i haven't see leds beat hps yet. still waiting. now i have see leds match watt for watt a few times or real close to it.

the whole thermal shit is all BS. its just for sales. they cant see right threw ur walls and see ur grow space. they see the heat coming out of ur house from the fans and stuff and they can tell by the temp that is growing heat. just like when you watch cops and the heli if following a guy on foot once the go under a tree you cant see him on the camera anymore. if you can see threw a tree how are you gonna see threw a house? its all BS IMO

its simple bro if you grow in a apartment where u can run vent fans and ducting on in a smaller closet where heat is a prob, or just a micro grow, then leds might be ideal for you.

now if you have the setup to grow on a bigger scale with more plants and space where u can run fans then HID is best for you. its cheaper to run HID then allot of led units, until i see leds smoke HPS i will believe this. and i haven't see leds beat hps yet. still waiting. now i have see leds match watt for watt a few times or real close to it.

Jus saying what I was told =/ however I am looking into 2x180 spectras to leave a larger print over the area. its either that or a 600 hps still cant make up my mind.

SG

Only my opinion, but I don't think LED technology is good enough yet to replace HID lights. They may have less heat, but I think the good does not outweigh the bad yet. Plus they are expensive.

Maybe they will someday in the next couple years.

Would it be beneficial to use both?

LED for Veg

HID for bloom

Whats the advantage of White in LED's? Is it for the Veg or Bloom phases?

Some offer the option of turning off the Whites or Reds.

Are Red, blues for veg and then add white for bloom?

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom