Im farely new. Please help answer this.

I want it all

I have already searched this part of the forum, but i guess i'm typing in the wrong keywords. So i myself am a MMJ patient. I live in a MMJ state. The states allow me to grow 6 mature plant's for my medical needs although i think i need a lot more than that... But what im reading on the forums is that although it is legal to grow my medical medicine at home it is somehow still illegal? So if i had 4 mature plants growing for my own medical reasons and my neighbor calls the cops on me and they raid my house i can go to jail for cultivating? How retarded is that...Or am i misunderstanding what is being said?

What state are you in CO? All states that have MMJ Laws govern the # of plants and once you deviate from that in the slightest way you are illegal and can be arrested and prosecuted like a common crimminal. There is NO special set of laws or sentencing guidelines for MMJ violators you are treated just like a drug dealer. Also the Law in some states like RI where I live is subjective. The police can still arrest you and it then becomes incumbent upon you to prove you were legal. I am going to Trial on this very issue and hope to be found Not Guilty and force the police to return my property and my live Marijuana. I recommend you take all precautions and follow the letter of the Law.
All State by State Laws and Regulations can be found here: Medical Marijuana Facts and Information - 420 Magazine

I'm from California. The legal limit is 6 but i wouldn't even grow that much with all the loopholes to bust a medical marijuana patient.

I'm from California. The legal limit is 6 but i wouldn't even grow that much with all the loopholes to bust a medical marijuana patient.

Well growing six, you would still be legal under california state law, but not Federal law.

Chances are you will be fine. Don't go over 6 and they probably won't mess with you. Doesn't mean they can't, cuz they can. Probably a bigger a risk from crop robbers than cops.

I grew the last two years at my old house with a neighbor who has a narcotics officer for a daughter. She saw my crop, saw it was legit and legal, and never bothered me.

Don't worry about it. You will probably be fine.

Back
Top Bottom