Indoor nutes on outdoor plants?

RandyL

I may have an opportuninty to try growing a couple plants outdoors this year.

I have done several indoor grows, and have had good luck using the FF nutes and supplements (cha-ching, beatie bloom, open sesame), along with liquid bat guano, magi-cal, liquid karma, and molasses. And Bud Candy during flowering.

For the outdoor plants, I was thinking I'd give them nutes once a week according to the FF nute schedule, and natural rain should take care of the rest.

When they get bigger, I'd pour a gallon or so of Ph'd nute mix on the ground around the base of the plant.

Any idea if this is a good or bad way to do it?

I've grown both ways, and I prefer outdoors. With that said, I would rather feed outdoor plants stuff that is more organic in nature: worm castings, fish emolients, etc. Depending on how you cycle, outdoors is going to take more time. My personal philosophy is to allow the plants to extract nutrients from the soil, the way Nature intended.

I don't want to start a war over indoor versus outdoor--God knows that is an endless and tiresome debate-- but with outdoor you don't need to be as technical on a daily basis. The sun is your friend, and the plants know what they are supposed to do.

Back
Top Bottom