intake filter

Spider mites usually transfer from your clothes, shoes, garden tools, etc., as opposed to coming in through vents.

Changing your clothes before tending your plants and never sharing any garden tools between the yard and grow room will help prevent them.

Some growers even shower before visiting their plants.

It's still a good idea to have an intake filter to keep other nasties out. To make it stealthy, maybe you could put a sheet metal rain guard over it and paint it the same color as the wall. That would draw much less suspicion than a K&N-looking filter sticking out of your wall, lol.

i wanted to run a intake fan in my grow room to bring in fresh air in from out side, what should i use to make sure i don't bring in bugs? it will be on the out side of my house so cant look suspicious. last time i got spider mites and i want to try to avoid them from now on...lol.

ive been told pantyhose work but was looking for other ideas?

how about using a regular intake vent on outside painted to match the structure and protected with a netting like pantyhose and then have the fan and filter on the inside of the room? So essentially the air would be being pushed through the filter rather than pulled. I wouldn't put a filter outside not only for the suspicion but also all the elements of weather the filter will be exposed to. good luck!

That would be much stealthier, but fans generally work a lot more efficiently pulling than pushing.

Odorsok filters work OK with fans pushing through them because they're less restrictive to flow than canister-style carbon cans, but the fan pushing through the filter arrangement usually doesn't move enough air.

I know pantyhose doesn't sound very high-tech, but maybe a stealthy and inexpensive solution would be a couple of layers of pantyhose for a filter attached to a regular intake vent painted the same color as the structure, as Proliferation suggests.

That would be much stealthier, but fans generally work a lot more efficiently pulling than pushing.

Odorsok filters work OK with fans pushing through them because they're less restrictive to flow than canister-style carbon cans, but the fan pushing through the filter arrangement usually doesn't move enough air.

I know pantyhose doesn't sound very high-tech, but maybe a stealthy and inexpensive solution would be a couple of layers of pantyhose for a filter attached to a regular intake vent painted the same color as the structure, as Proliferation suggests.

agreed. I'd always rather pull air through than try and push but was just trying to find another option to include a real filter. there are actual bug nets you can find for fans and blowers on the market but imagine you could either take a bug net (for a person), or even pantyhose, and modify it to your liking. good luck!

i wanted to run a intake fan in my grow room to bring in fresh air in from out side, what should i use to make sure i don't bring in bugs? it will be on the out side of my house so cant look suspicious. last time i got spider mites and i want to try to avoid them from now on...lol.

ive been told pantyhose work but was looking for other ideas?

I've gotten a couple from here This item is unavailable and I really like them.. Way less expensive than what Ive seen else where and well made.

haha I wonder if Lao Tzu is still working on finding one. Talk about doing your research!

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom