Intermittent Electricity

Just thinking out loud, for a cheaper solution maybe try adding an emergency backup fluorescent style light and see if you can find one in a warmer color temperature or at least 4000K. Add as side lights or overhead in between your flower lights and have on during flower. Then if power goes out the lights will come on. It won't be nearly as bright but light will still be there and plant just might think its a rainy day or a big cloud has gone over and hopefully will be enough light so that the plant doesn't trigger to think its sleeping. You'll have to make sure the emergency light you get isn't an "always on" style and can be switched off without enabling battery but this could work much easier and cheaper than a generator and add more light to you grow. And if power is out, electricity from the lights won't cause a super high heat load since your AC would be out.

I could come up with a more complicated but similar solution using car batteries and inverters but price and simplicity that might be good.

I looked at the schedule but on some days it's literally 2 hours on, 2 hours off, 2 hours on, 2 hours off. So a generator like the one I bought is the only solution. Mine might even be too small as TurboBucket mentioned. In an effort to minimize the power usage, how bad would it be to leave off a few of the fans? I've got 4 and it looks like the 4 together use about 100 watt. The other 2 LEDs together use about 250 Watt.

Just thinking out loud, for a cheaper solution maybe try adding an emergency backup fluorescent style light and see if you can find one in a warmer color temperature or at least 4000K. Add as side lights or overhead in between your flower lights and have on during flower. Then if power goes out the lights will come on. It won't be nearly as bright but light will still be there and plant just might think its a rainy day or a big cloud has gone over and hopefully will be enough light so that the plant doesn't trigger to think its sleeping. You'll have to make sure the emergency light you get isn't an "always on" style and can be switched off without enabling battery but this could work much easier and cheaper than a generator and add more light to you grow. And if power is out, electricity from the lights won't cause a super high heat load since your AC would be out.

I could come up with a more complicated but similar solution using car batteries and inverters but price and simplicity that might be good.

That's not a bad idea. The thing, however, is that I've already invested quite a bit of cash into this now. I'm in too deep. I need the BEST solution, not one that could affect bud quality. So the only option is to get a battery/generator as the one I purchased. I'm getting it today, so I'm really hoping it's going to be able to power everything for long enough.

Back
Top Bottom