Iowa Board of Pharmacy Must Release Marijuana Findings

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
I received an e-mail earlier today from one of my favorite people in America, the Great Carl Olsen of Iowa. Essentially, Mr. Olsen has been fighting the Iowa Board of Pharmacy to review the classification of marijuana as a Schedule I substance. Despite all odds being against him, not only did Mr. Olsen successfully sue to make the Board of Pharmacy review the classification, they removed it from Schedule I!

This is one of the most significant victories in the pro-marijuana movement, in my opinion. By maintaining a Schedule I listing, the feds and states can hide behind the argument that ‘marijuana is the devil, and it has no value to society.’ This is a view that has been perpetuated for several decades in the United States, and has resulted in entire generations being brainwashed into thinking that marijuana is extremely dangerous and has no medicinal value.

If there was a Carl Olsen in every state, and all the states were forced to look at marijuana objectively, EVERY state would reclassify marijuana. From there, research would be in full swing and ALL people in America would see that marijuana is not dangerous, and has significant medicinal value. It would only be a matter of time before marijuana would be accepted by most of society, and it would take its rightful place as a legally recognized plant. Essentially, as the truth spreads about marijuana, the more America would accept it for what it is; a useful plant.

And that’s what this post is about; despite reviewing marijuana, and finding it to have medicinal value, and even reclassifying it, the Iowa Board of Pharmacy is refusing to release its findings, which I can only assume is an attempt at suppressing useful information. I suspect there are conservatives in Iowa that know if the truth gets out, then their decades long propaganda campaign will be ruined! Luckily, the Great Carl Olsen is already on the job; here is his e-mail:

Pharmacy Board refuses to explain ruling removing marijuana from Schedule I of the Iowa Uniform Controlled Substances Act

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 13, 2009

Carl Olsen, a member of the Board of Directors for Iowans for Medical Marijuana, filed a petition in Iowa District Court for Polk County this morning demanding that the Board of Pharmacy complete an analysis, findings of fact and conclusions of law, explaining its decision on February 17, 2010, to remove marijuana from Schedule I of the Iowa Uniform Controlled Substances Act.

The Iowa Administrative Code, Iowa Code Chapter 17A, is very specific about the duties of the Board of Pharmacy, “A proposed or final decision shall include findings of fact and conclusions of law, separately stated.”

At each of the four public hearings held across the state of Iowa from August to November of 2009, the Board of Pharmacy explicitly stated that any recommendation for change would be preceded by a thoughtful review and analysis of the most helpful and current scientific information available.

Obviously, the Board found the evidence justifies a change in the law, and Iowans deserve to know why. As Iowans continue to suffer from unjust laws making them criminals for using medicine that the Board of Pharmacy now recognizes is legitimate, it’s absolutely critical for the Board of Pharmacy to take its statutory responsibility seriously.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: theweedblog.com
Copyright: 2010 The Weed Blog.com
Website: Iowa Board of Pharmacy Must Release Marijuana Findings | THE Weed Blog

• Thanks to MedicalNeed for submitting this article

Back
Top Bottom