Is an LED Stealth box available on the market?

I have a prototype that I just flipped to flower. Looking good so far. Temps and odor under control so far. The only mod I might need to really work on is the micro carbon scrubber. I have a couple designs I am playing with to see which works the best and will last one complete grow before needing a change.

I don't think anyone sells a micro cab with odor and everything taken into consideration. I hope to find a solution. So far 21 Watts of LED in .56 square feet is doing well. You cannot get away with 5W LEDs though, the plants would bleach or burn most likely. In a tight PC case 1W would be the way to go. More efficient, less heat. The plants can literally touch the light for a day and be fine.

Price of everything gets to be in the $3-400 range. $100 for the light(top bin LEDs), $100 for the box build, and $100 for ventilation and misc. stuff. I need to add up all the parts I am keeping on the final build. I went through four scrubber designs and a few fan replacements to effectively draw through the scrubber WHILE being quiet.

I would just find your favorite stealth box, buy it without a light. Then spend money on your favorite led so that it actually grows something worth showing off.

Why not build your own? :)

fridge_1.JPG

fridge_2.JPG

fridge_3.JPG

fridge_4.JPG

Small old fridge with everything ripped out.
Temperature control unit on the front controls the heater at the back of the fridge (long tube like thing) and the cold air intake (bathroom extractor fan sucking in air not extracting) you can just make out behind the plant pots.
15 watt led panel on back wall and 40 watt led panel overhead.

Leave holes at the top rear of fridge (behind the led panel) so when fan kicks in it forces hot air out keeping a constant temp. :)

The leds give off a fair bit of heat so the fridge will turn into a small oven after a while (stabilizers at around 35 - 40 deg) so you do need a fan drawing in air. I keep the temp at around 27 deg. In winter it gets very cold in my shed hence the heater. (All temp controlled)
Make sure you have holes for the warm air to be forced out (if its completely enclosed the door will keep popping open due to pressure) you could also fit an extractor fan with carbon filter quite easily where my holes are but i have never had the need.
This is a great system for adding yeast made carbon dioxide through the original fridge wiring holes.

Love the innovation Farscape, and a heavy power source is nothing to be concerned about if people get a glimpse. I still don't get what the tube thing is behind the pots. Also, can you take both of those girls to full term?

The tube thing is a heater :) Even tho the leds throw out a bit of heat, in winter and especially at night the temp drops way down slowing growth rate so the heater (tube thing) keeps em cosy. The 2 girls in there atm are an auto haze strain. Usually i use the fridge for propagating but as my main grow cabinet is full atm these girls are gonna have to go full term in here. Its going to be a bit of an experiment, not going to be able to top them so im hoping they dont get too tall :)
Did you find youself a stealth box yet? :)

Yeah, of sorts anyways. I have one in a cardboard box now inside a wardrobe closet, but for the last 3 days I built and painted a nice small wood box and after this post will be installing it. there are some pics at the end of my journal, but i made some last minute revisions so I will wait till it's hung and she's in her new how to post the newest updated pics.

Back
Top Bottom