Is it just too late to do this? Cloning outdoor plant?

Outdoor plants dont flip from veg to flower like they do indoors its more or less a month long process when stretching starts till budletts show. Any clone Ive taken after the first of august pretty much always has a reveg phase that sets the clone back 4 weeks
That said try it post about it and maybe your on the right track.
GoodLuck Happy 420!!
I've decided against it. My plants normally run up against cold weather at the end of flower where I have to bring them in at night for a week or 2. I don't really want to prolong that. That plant is also already very small since I started it late so I want to try to get it to grow as big as it can without slowing it down at all.

Since you are not in flower yet this is the time frame.
cutting to good roots 2 weeks
flip to flower 2 weeks
flowering 8 weeks
12 weeks from now is Nov 5th. and first frost there is Oct 7th and that is 0 veg days. Outdoor cloning is out of the question. Not to mention you will need light to stop the clone from flowering. Topping will delay the flowering and in Denver you don't have enough season left to delay. Average first frost is 8 weeks away.

If you want to save the genetics you would have to set up an indoor grow. I've taken cuttings from lower branches the week before harvest to save irreplaceable land strain genetics. You have time but the longer you wait, the harder it gets.
Yeah, I've decided against it.

Back
Top Bottom