Is my seed a dud?

jjay200

420 Member
hi guys got some seeds from herbies and started 2 of them, one is a sam sara holy grail 69 (freebie fem) and the other is a vip torpedo(fem auto).
I started both off in water till they popped, the 69 was first then a day later the torpedo showed a tiny tap root so I fired both into small rockwool plugs and into my propagator with a pair of small 10W downlights. The temps have been staying about 22-23* and good humidity ( no meter to get numbers) the 69 is now about 6-7cm tall but the torpedo hasnt broke the surface yet, i seperated the rockwool to have a look and the taproot is still only about 3 mm long.
Ive just took it out and put it between damp kitchen roll in a small container and kept a corner open and set it back into the heat to see if something happens.
Both were planted on Wednesday 9th September in the same environment, no nutrition was used although the water in the propagator has a very light dose of RootIT first feed in it and the cubes were soaked in this prior to planting.
Is this a normal thing with seeds and some take longer or is this seed a dud??

thanks for your time
J

Hello Jjay200!

Some seeds take longer than others, yes, but seeing as she did germinate in water, she was viable.....so perhaps she didn't like something about the propagator environment.

Impossible to tell why she stopped growing......hard to call a seed that cracked and grew a tap root a dud.

Good luck with your growing.

Back
Top Bottom