Is there any hope for my plant?

Karenthefirst

420 Member
I went away to Florida for 10 days and my husband did nothing for my plant. Can I save i

20231011_120545.jpg

20231011_120618.jpg

20231011_120635.jpg

20231011_120630.jpg

20231011_120557.jpg

I went away to Florida for 10 days and my husband did nothing for my plant. Can I save i

20231011_120545.jpg

20231011_120618.jpg

20231011_120635.jpg

20231011_120630.jpg

20231011_120557.jpg
That's bud rot right?
Remove all damaged parts immediately.
Anything left needs to be sprayed with citric acid to kill it.
So sorry Amigo.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

I don't know. You might be seeing something that the rest are not. Maybe mention what you are noticing just to be safe.

Wanted to say that those are some great photographs. The plants/buds in focus with the background out of focus so it does not distract and good color too.

Thanks for your reply. I see all those orange spots on the leaves
He never gave the plants any water or triple phosphate which is what I was told to use to make the buds thick and man did it work
They are so thick I hope they will dry. So I guess they are OK. Fingers crossed. To take a photo with the background not in focus always makes the subject clearer.

He never gave the plants any water or triple phosphate which is what I was told to use to make the buds thick and man did it work
They are so thick I hope they will dry. So I guess they are OK. Fingers crossed. To take a photo with the background not in focus always makes the subject clearer.

That still wouldn’t cause bud rot… bud rot is usually caused by too much moisture trapped in the leaves with not enough airflow. It’s super common outdoors, especially in rainy places. If anything, him not watering likely staved it off from progressing further.

Even growers as experienced as @Bill284 run into it, as he showed.

Thanks for your reply. I see all those orange spots on the leaves
Usually when I read someone mentioning orange spots on leaves they seem to refer to the area of your photo (cropped) that I circled.

spots.jpg

And when someone starts to bring up the early signs of bud rot I feel that they are talking about the color changes in the bud's sugar leaves, often a brown color that can get to darker brown to black. Sort of like what I circled in your other photo (cropped) shown below:

bud-a.jpg

If it is bud rot you can remove the areas where it is forming and toss or send down the garbage disposal. Then take the remaining buds from the harvest and wash them with H2O2 to help kill off any remaining spores and flollow that with the traditional "bud washing" methods.

As strictly an outside grower usually lose 10 to 20% a year due to budrot, while there is products to apply that prevent or mitigate the occurrence I prefer not to put anything on my plants. Most of my budrot seems to stem from caterpillars such as of a white cabbage moth or corn earworm. Have meant to try using white plastic decoy cut outs and throwing screen over the plants but have not gotten around to it yet but maybe next year in 2024.

Your plants look pretty good to me as I am used to seeing some budrot even though it cuts down on yield.

Back
Top Bottom