Why is my plant so small?

deedeefunk

My bc golden Skunk is so small. Forced flower early but plant is 4 month's old from seed.
It is a week or two away from harvest. Why is it so small? Trying to figure out where I
went wrong. Rather then I send you what I did. You tell me the proper way to care for
all stages, re lights, ph, nutes for one plant and I will figure it out. What ya think?

Attachments

• IMG-20190429-00522.jpg
    IMG-20190429-00522.jpg
    580.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG-20190429-00524.jpg
    IMG-20190429-00524.jpg
    535.1 KB · Views: 135
How bout you tell us what ya did 1st and we suggest alternative ideas and suggestions

It just happens sometimes. It is easy to let the roots get out of your control, especially with some of the advice out there, and it could have been in how you managed the uppotting, or not. It could be genetic, and your plants never were destined to be large. It could be that you watered incorrectly and never allowed the roots to become all they could be. It could be that you simply didn't have the soil, nutes, or lights capable of producing very large plants. It could be so many things, but looking back on my many years of growing, every time I have had a plant not produce as I thought it should have, it related to the roots. I did it to myself in my last grow... I hurried veg and didnt give the roots enough time to develop in the final container. I rushed to flower, and as a result, two of my plants remained small, quite like yours, through the entire grow.

Courtesy of @harryhampster3rd
Start again, I will tell you what to do.

1. get seeds or clones, it would be seeds I guess.
2. boil the kettle.. let it cool.... use that water for seeds.... PH the water 5.5
3. If you don't have a PH pen, invest in one. its invaluable. and buy PH up and down.
4. get some jiffy pellets, they are made from compressed coco coir. Add water and squeeze out excess.
5. Buy a little baby greenhouse, they are about 20 bucks from bunnings.
6 Let the seeds soak in water for about four hours, then carefully pop into jiffy pellets.
7. put pellets in the baby greenhouse and mist PH 5.5 water inside the plastic hood part, to make some humidity.
8. DO NOT WATER until the tops of the pellets are dried out very important. Only water, when necessary and dont mist the popped seeds with water all the time. Remember seeds in the wild get some water, store it and wait for the sun.
9. DO NOT MIST THE PELLETS AT ALL JUST the inside of greenhouse,
10. The seeds will pop and grow a long shoot down, wait until the roots are poking out of pellet.
11. transplant into very small pots or use those red american alcohol cups ,they use at college parties.
12. secret is to only water, when the coco coir has dried out at the top of the cups. and make sure you put some sand in cups and plenty of holes.
13. Use your 300 watt led for veg.
14. When plants get bigger, after one and half weeks, veg at 18/6 or 24/0
15 veg them for the size you want. have to research more on internet.
16. 300 watts is very low for four plants. Need 600 watts for four plants, do not put too close to buds, light bleach them and fuck them. I have heard LEDs should not be really close.
17. If your not sure how close to put the lights, but a lux meter, $80 for a good one. it measures the light intensity.
18. Make sure u vent your tent with a carbon filter, electric fan 8 inch is the best size, believe me it is. do not stuff around with 4 inch, that is for small closet grows.
19. vent air into roof, it is scrubbed with carbon filter, so it doesn't stink. If not the neighbours will smell it, believe me they will, THEN YOUR FUCKED. neighbours WILL DOB YOU IN TO THE POLICE.
20. I put my german made electric 8 inch fan, in a chipboard box and put expandable foam around it. QUIET AS, use insulated ducted 8 inch ducting. Its more costly, but super quiet.
21. The door is closed and you cannot hear anything, best way., nosey people hear noises and smells. THEY DO AND WILL DOB you in.
22. Those fuckers should grow really fast, if you do not overwater, if you keep watering every day, like a sheep, you will have problems, major problems. seedlings will dampen off, and die too much water. Its not hydro.
23. I would not worry about mainlining plants, do not cut the tops off autos.
24. Your healthy plants should start to smell by week 4, if not you may be using Northern Lights very low odour good one for outside use an auto northern lights. autos are best for outdoors, no one will tell you that one.
25. Do not pluck off leaves or start trimming off branches, Most strains of choof, are hybrids grown for dense, fat colas.
26. Only cut off leaves that are diseased or yellow. Or are covering a big fat bud site.
27. Then when the plants are getting ready for harvest.
28. Look at the plant or take a small sample when the lights are on. It will be hard to tell the right colour of the plants , because of the leds.
29. The pistils are the white whispy looking skinny noodles, white , stick out of buds, you see them very early into the flowering.
30. 70% should be darkened.
31. check the trics under a magnifying glass or jewelers loupe is the best. take a snip off a bud , tiny bit to inspect.
32. the trics should be milky to amber, or for a couch look effect, mostly amber. harvest ,
33. cut off and hang upside down in tent, with carbon filter on and dark and make sure 20 degrees celcius. to dry it.
34. rest of it , dry manicure or manicure still wet, i wouldn't.
35. take some parts of buds to test in microwave, if it doesn't get you high, then it didn't grow right.
36. grow right - low potency not enough light on plants or lights too close, look at commercial grow sites they do not put ;the lights too close to plants. but they have alot of lights, so ambient light off all other globes.
37.REMEMBER the seed banks sell wonderful strains, but some of those strains, took the PROFESSIONALs people who make it their lively hood to make sure they do it right. and do not waste money on fungal, nutrient defs. pissy quality lights.
If I was you, I would have bought HID and HPS lamps/ light bulbs
38 The cheap leds put out lower intensity of light, do not be caught out with cheap, shit leds. Use Marshydro Pro or Eco minimum.
39.Do not wash the buds, you will get mold and do not cure in the fridge.
40 If something sounds too fucking weird, IT PROBABLY IS. Washing your buds, . They are covered in
THC resin ( for UV protection.) why the fuck would you want to wash that off.
41. Keep on learning, Pick a commercial strain seed or clone,
42. Incredible bulk, money maker, vast and auto for outdoor grows.
I am not sure what leds you are using, it sounds like they are cheap ones. Part of the problem is that.
First grow, use cheap seeds, under $10. get female seeds, less hassle, a lot better.
Use a grow tent, HID AND HPS lights with digital ballast, with variable power dial.
More heat, but they are better than leds, some say otherwise, but the gold standard of indoors growing is
HID AND HPS.

None of this is my content and I don’t care/ agree/ disagree with any of it. Sounded like you wanted a list so providing it as it seemed relevant.

Back
Top Bottom