Why are my plants so small?

jimbob123456

I have 2 plants, and I thought they'd bring be a decent yield. My 2 plants are getting lots and lots of sunlight, look nice and green, but they are teeny tiny, no more than 15-20cm high! They have buds, also tiny, but it looks to me like they may be ready to harvest! Is that likely? Milky droplets with some turning amber. But It hardly seems worth the bother to be honest, the plants are so small. I'd love to know what I've done wrong...

IMAG037617.jpg

If the buds are that small and the plants still healthy, can I leave the plants to grow (feed them maybe) and let them flower again, or am I talking like a complete and utter fool.

(I did grow some plants a few years ago and they were 1m high and very productive. But it is HOT where I live, 35 outside right now, more in the sun.)

PS Sorry if I've double posted but I posted at the bottom on an existing thread and I'm not sure if anyone has seen it.

good news and bad news , good you will get some smoke , bad news it autos are very unpredictable, they start to flower about 3/4 weeks from sprout , its hit or miss with them to be honest
I am growing autos also , just to get some side plants while waiting on regular plants , and they dont yield that high , my best autos where bubba cheese they where pretty good .

good news and bad news , good you will get some smoke , bad news it autos are very unpredictable, they start to flower about 3/4 weeks from sprout , its hit or miss with them to be honest

But if the buds look more or less ready now, small though they are, what do I do? Harvest the whole plants now, just snip off the buds and see if they'll grow further, leave the buds and hope the plants get much bigger...? I really don't know where to start...or finish, in this case!

if you can , take off a bud and check it under a loupe , x 60 , see if the trichomes are cloudy , if so you can harvest , being mostly cloudy will give you a head high , if you want more of a couch lock you can wait until you see some amber trichomes

here is one i chopped a few days back , i go for more cloudy , if there are more clear than cloudy leave it for a while .

Good luck

blue_blood_week_7.jpg

Yep, that's pretty much how the tiny buds look right now when I looked with my hand-held microscope.

But there's a lot of summer still to go here, so if I snip off the bigger buds and leave the plant in the ground, will it re-flower? When my wife dead-heads her geraniums they flower again, so any chance that might happen here?

Thanks for the help.

OK, so I'll remove the small top buds (1cm diameter), leave the plants in the ground, and hope they fill out a bit more? Shame these plants turned out so small, but you live and you learn.

I've got 4 more seeds of this type so I'll try planting them too and see if I can get a bigger plant. I'll put them straight into pots to germinate and grow, rather than the laborious germination suggested by the seed growers, and I'll leave them in pots rather than transplanting in ground, and feed them with some house-plant food (?).

I'd better to a bit more reading on this site too, as I clearly need to do some learning!

Thanks for all your help - much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom