Is there such a thing as a stupid question?

Governmentchz

Because I have what may qualify as two...

If so here goes. I soaked and cracked a couple seeds getting them ready for my hempy grow. I the paper towel, warming mat and darkness method and they cracked and popped tails in 24 hours, but that leaves me with another question. Since this is my first indoor grow, I'm not sure about this next step. I put the cracked seeds into the rapid rooter plugs after soaking them (plugs) in some pH adjusted RO water.

My question is...should I leave them in the dark until they break the surface? Since I've only done outdoor grows before and just let the sun do the work, I'm not sure if I should turn on the T5's or not. This is my first attempt at indoor and I have my buckets all ready to go too (I added more perlite and it's at least 80% now), but I am also under the impression it's better to let them pop the surface before putting them in the buckets. Right now, they are sitting on little plates with the T5 panel on. Their little squiggly tails are in there, but...

1. Light or no light right now?

2. Do I put them right into the buckets now? or wait until they're more viable and show roots through the rapid rooter plugs?

rapid_rooters.jpg

Hempy8.jpg

My opinion

1/ Light on

2/ wait for roots in plug then move to hempy

Because I have what may qualify as two...

If so here goes. I soaked and cracked a couple seeds getting them ready for my hempy grow. I the paper towel, warming mat and darkness method and they cracked and popped tails in 24 hours, but that leaves me with another question. Since this is my first indoor grow, I'm not sure about this next step. I put the cracked seeds into the rapid rooter plugs after soaking them (plugs) in some pH adjusted RO water.

My question is...should I leave them in the dark until they break the surface? Since I've only done outdoor grows before and just let the sun do the work, I'm not sure if I should turn on the T5's or not. This is my first attempt at indoor and I have my buckets all ready to go too (I added more perlite and it's at least 80% now), but I am also under the impression it's better to let them pop the surface before putting them in the buckets. Right now, they are sitting on little plates with the T5 panel on. Their little squiggly tails are in there, but...

1. Light or no light right now?

2. Do I put them right into the buckets now? or wait until they're more viable and show roots through the rapid rooter plugs?

rapid_rooters.jpg

Hempy8.jpg

Thanks for the advice Wacky. I'm so detail oriented and have thought out what I thought was every aspect and possible circumstance of this first indoor attempt...until I got to this point. Mildly unsettling as it's the freaking beginning! The data on the rapid rooters says to "leave them in the "tray" with 1.4" or so of water to maintain hydration until the roots show, then plant in growing medium". I folded some aluminum foil into skirts for the plugs to keep them upright.

I know, been there. Keep it moist but not soaked, watch for roots breaking through at that point there good to go. very wise of you to micro manage your own grow to eliminate as many issues as possible that will inevitably pop up unexpected.

Good luck, love the Hempy idea

Thanks for the advice Wacky. I'm so detail oriented and have thought out what I thought was every aspect and possible circumstance of this first indoor attempt...until I got to this point. Mildly unsettling as it's the freaking beginning! The data on the rapid rooters says to "leave them in the "tray" with 1.4" or so of water to maintain hydration until the roots show, then plant in growing medium". I folded some aluminum foil into skirts for the plugs to keep them upright.

Well, I checked them this a.m. before heading to the salt mines and those plugs had sponged up all the water I'd left in the plates. Considering my day is usually 10+ hrs, I dribbled a bit more in the plate before I left. Thinking perhaps I'll go ahead and put them in the buckets tonight as I feel that will better regulate the moisture in the plug too.

I'll try to get a proper journal started when they finally show their pretty little faces.

To answer your question "Is there such a question as a stupid question" definitely!!!!! The stupid question is the one you DON'T ask !!!!!! Never feel embarrassed or potentially stupid about asking something as that is what forums are all about ...sharing the knowledge and experience. Cheers Pat.

Back
Top Bottom