Off To The Races

I tell you what, Sanibel, in less than 48 hours, I can see a big positive change with the light adjustment! The photos don't really do it justice, but it's good news. I've also tossed in some other lights I have for some side lighting. I'm thinking of ditching the LED panels (moved away for the photos) and getting a couple of additional high power T5s, like the one that's there. Man, botany is my life!

DSCF001911.JPG

Look at the size of these fan leaves next to my thumb!

DSCF002011.JPG

DSCF002111.JPG

DSCF002217.JPG

DSCF002316.JPG

DSCF002417.JPG

:yummy:

I was thinking of putting a few T5 lights around the perimeter for side lighting and keeping the LEDs above.

I'm not looking to extend the veg phase since the plants are liable to outgrow the tent. Besides, it's the flowers that make us smile.

With the LED "UFO" lamps, the closer they are to the plants, the smaller the circle of light it throws. When you raise them, they cover more area, but the light is geometrically less intense with distance. I thought that by using the side light with some nice T5s, I might have the best of both worlds. Whatya think?

The T5 I have tosses out 10,000 lumens from a 2' long fixture with 2 55 watt bulbs, and I can get veg bulbs or flower bulbs with it so I can switch the bulbs when I go from veg to flower. That's a whole lotta lumens.

The T5 I have tosses out 10,000 lumens from a 2' long fixture with 2 55 watt bulbs, and I can get veg bulbs or flower bulbs with it so I can switch the bulbs when I go from veg to flower. That's a whole lotta lumens.

True that, for some reason I thought those larger CFL's through out more lumens, too much meds I guess, either way you could just hang it by one hook prob and have some serious side lighting!

SG

OK guys, a mini-crisis has occured. I did a res change and discovered that my Milwaukee combo pH, EC, ppm meter just died. I added pH down and nutes to my best recollection, but it's a complete guess. I obviously need to get a new meter, and I'm kind of pissed that this one, that cost nearly $200 lasted less than 3 months.

I need a recommendation for a reliable replacement. I've read elsewhere that combo meters are more problem prone with the pH function and the EC function requiring different wet storage solutions. Is this true? If so, I guess I should get a separate pH meter and ppm meter. If not, then it doesn't matter. What I mostly need is something reliable and not too expensive. I'm really frustrated and hope my grow doesn't get all fucked up until I manage to get my hands on new meter(s). Mail order will obviously take some time. I don't see these meters at Home Depot. HELP!!

OK guys, a mini-crisis has occured. I did a res change and discovered that my Milwaukee combo pH, EC, ppm meter just died. I added pH down and nutes to my best recollection, but it's a complete guess. I obviously need to get a new meter, and I'm kind of pissed that this one, that cost nearly $200 lasted less than 3 months.

I need a recommendation for a reliable replacement. I've read elsewhere that combo meters are more problem prone with the pH function and the EC function requiring different wet storage solutions. Is this true? If so, I guess I should get a separate pH meter and ppm meter. If not, then it doesn't matter. What I mostly need is something reliable and not too expensive. I'm really frustrated and hope my grow doesn't get all fucked up until I manage to get my hands on new meter(s). Mail order will obviously take some time. I don't see these meters at Home Depot. HELP!!

Just get a run of the mill TDM and Ph meter man, my PH cost me like 20$ then tdm was 35$ work great no probs. 1/4 of the cash almost right there man!

SG

While I know there's variation among different strains, what would you say the average time frame is for veg and flower? Also, is it better to try to "force" flowering at a certain point, or just allow the plant to grow on its own and let nature make the conversion? And lastly, if forcing flowering is the thing to do, is this done by turning the lights out for 24 hours or so and then going to 12/12?

btw, I switched to sensi nutes for vegging (Advanced Nutrients). I now have the 2 UFO LED lamps above with 3 110 watt T5s for side lighting. Everybody seems happy. Waiting for tits or balls to see how big the harvest will be.

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!!.....

Apologies to Axl and Slash, but their words are inspiring...

In roughly a week's time, we've rushed forward. Have a gander

DSCF002513.JPG

DSCF00269.JPG

DSCF00279.JPG

DSCF00307.JPG

DSCF00298.JPG

Anybody care to answer my questions from the previous post??

:allgood:

I'll post some photos soon, but here's the deal: Plants are getting quite big. I've been on 12/12 for a week now, and not yet flipped to flower. Any ideas on how to force the change?

Also, my plants are practically to the top of the tent.....should I prune them? take them out of the tent? I have tall weed and no colas.....any ideas? Thanks

If you just switched them to flower they are gonna get a lot bigger lol. Mine grew a couple feet in a couple weeks when i put them into flower. Make sure there are no light leaks that would cause them to stay awake during sleepy time. That would cause them to not flower.

OK, here's just a few new photos....

DSCF000140.JPG

DSCF000244.JPG

DSCF000334.JPG

gotta love the 11-banger!

DSCF000432.JPG

These puppies still haven't shown me any tits or balls. I have a feeling I'm going to have to lose the tent in a week or two as the plants will outgrow it. Maybe lowrider is the way to go, but I have a lot of primo seeds to use first!

:peace:

OK guys. I've been on 12/12 with plants in a tent for lighter lights and darker darks. I've been nourishing the crop with Connoisseur bloom nutes and it's been over 2 weeks. My plants are up to the lights, which won't go higher (in the tent, at least) and still no indications of a flower bud. Any suggestions???
:adore:

Not sure what you mean SG. Some of the leaves have some browing, which I attributed to being too close to the lights. I've been using Advanced Nutrients products, which are supposed to be premium products.

I modified my set up today. Took the floor out of the tent and stood the frame on supports in order to increase the height of the chamber. In the process of removing the RF and replacing it, I realized that the plants are quite heavy and must have been leaning on the tent to avoid falling over from their own weight. Several shoots snapped and broke in the process. I'm getting depressed. Now, with this modification of the tent, which is a couple of feet off the ground, it will not be possible to keep it as dark during dark cycles. Things seem to be kind of rocky.........

Back
Top Bottom