Is this a good slime or bad slime to have?

Sanwan

Well tonight when I went to check the crew out, I noticed this slime on the roots, kinda' looks like snot, some on the bottom of the net pot as well...
has some reddish brown tint in it also!?!?
I use TechnaFlora nutes and I am thinking the color is from the B-1 additive...I do use h2o2 3% as prescribed on the forum. Temps stay around 80-84, RH around 40-55 %. Should I have the water level lower so the roots stretch for the water? I haven't seen pics on here of what to look for.
Jawasan
:helpsmilie:
IMG_23991.JPG

IMG_23973.JPG

..That's not "all" water droplet either, it's a ball of SUMTHIN"!!!

Now the plants themselves look good and they are under a 200w cfl (I might go down a notch since that mofo gets a bit hot for my tiny veg cab!
Here is a few pics of the baby, looks healthy as do the others that are in the same bucket (DWC, not true Deep Water Culture btw).

IMG_24002.JPG

IMG_24012.JPG

So any input on the slimy stuff?

Thanks for looking purpdaddy. I have been looking on here and can't really find anything concrete. All the numbers and temps are good, a bit higher in the tanks than I would like but I am managing. I will keep an eye on it to see if it gets worse. hmmmm....
jawasan

I'm guessing some of it is the hydroton silt. Do a good flush of the buckets, wash everything down real good. Mix the fresh nutes in a clear or white container to see what the NUTE COLOR is. I know some of the reddish brown is the hydroton for sure, esp if it is the first use, the clay didn't get rinsed real good initially, some of it settles and rubs off, and then the feeder tubes wash it down to the bottom. I just went through this last week starting buckets back up, did a flush got rid of the red/silt in the bottom.

NO SLIME is a good slime in hydroponics!!!!!!!

I think frosty is right about the hydroton dust and the dark color. Do as he said and you should be fine. But if the slime comes back, that is a problem. Could be a light leak, causing algea. Water level should be about 1/2 inch below the netcup, if roots are starting to come out.

Back
Top Bottom