Is this a herm?

Flatmaster

420 Member
Hi all, could you confirm whether this is a hermaphrodite or not? It's in the first week of flowering. My other plant doesn't have the balls... Pretty sure it's a Herm, just somewhat in denial. Many thanks.

IMG_20221004_124513.jpg

IMG_20221004_124635.jpg

IMG_20221004_124736.jpg

No frost to make hash yet and if you wait you will have pollen everywhere so unless you don't mind seeds in your other buds best to bin it. Any seeds that come about from that pollen will have a high chance of hermying as well so rather trash it. Yeah it sucks but it's part of growing.

For what it's worth, that plant is NOT a hermaphrodite. It IS monoecious, which is two types of flowers on same plant. Hermaphrodites have male and female parts on same flower. Botanically speaking, at least. In plain English, yeah, it's a herm.

Yeah, it's a menial point, but for some reason it really annoyed me to see "herm" again this morning more than usual. Fortunately I have a treatment for that.

For what it's worth, that plant is NOT a hermaphrodite. It IS monoecious, which is two types of flowers on same plant. Hermaphrodites have male and female parts on same flower. Botanically speaking, at least. In plain English, yeah, it's a herm.

Yeah, it's a menial point, but for some reason it really annoyed me to see "herm" again this morning more than usual. Fortunately I have a treatment for that.
Hi KR :ciao: - being curious, I had to look them up to compare

hermaphrodite noun, a human being, plant or animal that, either normally or abnormally, possesses both male and female reproductive organs

monoecious adj, bot said of a plant: with separate male and female reproductive parts in the same plant. 2 biol said of an animal: with both male and female sexual organs; hermaphrodite

Interesting. Either way, I cut it down, dried it, froze it, ran some isopropyl through it and smoked it. Got high but not very. Thanks for the input all!

Back
Top Bottom