Is this a suitable nutrient for flowering?

y2kayo

my mom has this left over from her tomatoes, lol
I used it in week 4 and the plants grew like crazy.

Brand name bud juice micro

Nitrogen...1200 PPM...0.12%
PHOSPHATE....1600 PPM.... 0.16%
POTASSIUM..... 300 PPM .....0.03%
MAGNESIUM....500 PPM...0.05%
IRON...... 17 PPM.....0.0017%
CALCIUM....420PPM...0.042%

Excuse my ignorance I'm still trying to comprehend all of this information

It’s pretty mild, you could give it a try, but it seems low in Potassium.
Edit: I checked out their website, it’s marketed for flowering.
Thanks yeah I kind of figured so,
And that is my next step actually.
I can't seem to find any concrete information on what is considered low or hot for that matter other then just plain ratios. As example something like 2:12:6 for nitro, phosphate, potassium. And I don't really follow what that means, I get that its a ratio for equal parts but I'd hate to use to much of something and burn my plants at this point. (I just used random numbers for example)

Cheers

I used it in week 4 and the plants grew like crazy.
The ratios of that fertilizer mix are not all that strong and looking at their website the company is recommending that the product be mixed up and used once a week through the entire life cycle of the plant.

It’s pretty mild, you could give it a try, but it seems low in Potassium.
They have a trio of other blends and I have the feeling that the micro that "y2kayo" mentions is supplement to those.

They have a bone meal based phosphorous at 2-14-0 and called Grow, a kelp based potassium at 0-0-15 and called Bloom, and a blood meal based nitrogen at 12-0-0 and called Nitro.

I can't seem to find any concrete information on what is considered low or hot for that matter other then just plain ratios. As example something like 2:12:6 for nitro, phosphate, potassium. And I don't really follow what that means, I get that its a ratio for equal parts but I'd hate to use to much of something and burn my plants at this point. (I just used random numbers for example)
The 3 numbers are the three macro nutrients that all plants seem to need and use the most. They always appear in the same order of Nitrogen then Phosphorous and then Potassium. They are called the N-P-K numbers because the letter for each nutrient is the one assigned to used on periodic table.

Using google or any other search engine ask yourself the questions and type them in. Such as "What does Nitrogen do for plants" and then "What does Phosphorous do for plants"and then do it for Potassium. Do all three in one day or one a day. Eventually it starts to fall into place.

Using natural or organic nutrients are less likely to burn plants because those are limited in "water soluble" available nutrients and the micro-organisms in the soil will eventually eat the "water insoluble" portion of the nutrient. They will digest and discard the nutrient which is then water soluble.

Man made fertilizers tend to be entirely water soluble from the start so it means that there might be more available all at once for the plant. Nothing wrong with these even though the soil micro-organisms do not do any of the work. Successful growers will follow the recommend mixing ratio and frequency to help avoid burning.

Ask yourself the question, look it up on-line and ask the group. At first it might seem like a lot of work but it soon falls into place.

Back
Top Bottom