Is this amount of fungus gnats a problem?

Awesome finkelroy. I've now read a few times about beneficial nematodes, and if the SNS203 doesn't do the trick, I'm definitely going to have to get something better, and nematodes sounds like a very solid way to go. Is there any downside to using them? What happens to them after they've eaten all the gnat larvae?

Thanks! Also, I'm putting some updates about the situation in my grow journal.

Here is one of the two sticky traps I replaced today. This is buildup from the last week or so.

2014-07-27_21-36-11_898.jpg

Have you not completely covered the top of your soil with Perlite? I've the same sort of problem, and I've been suggested to cover the top of my COCO with Perlite and a sand substitute, I've also heard 'Mighty Wash' is amazing, and destroys all pests.

I'm going to give a mixture of perlite and Mighty wash a try.

You also might want to try a cup of vinegar next to your plant also, as the Gnats will jump into it and die.

Hey Flexa, the cup of vinegar sounds like an interesting idea. Never seen that suggested before, but I'll try that next time this problem comes up. Fortunately, I was able to get the gnat problem under control, at least for the last few weeks. I have been using small amounts of SNS203 in the feed and that coupled with the yellow sticky traps that I keep on top of the soil and next to the planter seem to be taking care of the situation nicely. I hope they don't come back when I stop using SNS203 near the end of flowering!

Back
Top Bottom