Is this foxtailing? What causes this?

BigDog

I have three plants that all of sudden the tops went crazy. They were growing perfectly normal colas and then BAM! My partner and I take turns feeding and watering the girls. We have been sticking with the FoxFarms hydro schedule (plants are in soiless mix).

We did move an AC duct into the tent, and I'm wondering if the three plants in question (closest to the duct) are being nailed with cold air. Would that cause this?

Foxtail1.JPG

Foxtail2.JPG

In this last picture, you can see the group of plants. The three plants in question are in the clear container with the white flag. The AC duct is just out of sight to the right and it comes down to waist height.

I call this pic "Spot the Sativa!"

Group128.JPG

Thanks for all the help!. Hopefully after I have a few more grows under my belt I can start answering instead of asking!

I also agree this is NOT foxtailing...this is clearly re-veg.......you have arms growing from the head.....I think a light leak is obvious as well.....sorry my man....:hippy: .....WORD

ARGHHHH, you guys were right. We have two lights on two timers in the room, one mechanical and one digital. When we moved the electrical around 2 weeks ago, it looks like the digital timer got reset so that it turned on every AM at 7, BUT only turned off on Mondays, so in essence one of the lights in the room was on 24 hour a day, 6 days a week!

We fixed the timer, now what should I do with the plants? My thought is that I should just trim off the new growth (and maybe use it for clones), or should I just leave it? I'm worried that if it does bud on the new growth, the weight will break the stalk...

NOTE TO SELF: Smoke after you have worked on the plants, not before!

i think if i were you i would set the lights proper and plan on 12 hour sessions to keep the bud you have going, and chalk the others up to the learning curve

Dude; clone those veg tops off, fix the light timers so they don't fubar it anymore and be glad you genetics is buffered and you don't have mad hermies. lol.

You have the opportunity to make like 25 clones from that. lol.

Back
Top Bottom