What is causing this help please!

panel350

Hi All,Can someone please help with this ,as per photos ,what is causing this yellowing ?? the only thing I can think of is I ran out of Cal/mag 2 weeks ago ,but my other plants have no sign of this problem .
Thanks in advance
Cheers .

2021_02220005.JPG

2021_02220006.JPG

Hi All,Can someone please help with this ,as per photos ,what is causing this yellowing ?? the only thing I can think of is I ran out of Cal/mag 2 weeks ago ,but my other plants have no sign of this problem .
Thanks in advance
Cheers .

2021_02220005.JPG

2021_02220006.JPG
Cute girl my friend
Like buds bunny said new growth comes in lighter color sometimes.
Let her be and she will green up for you.
If it doesn't let us know and we can reevaluate her, happy growing. :thumb:

I agree it may be high PH. High pH will lock out nutrients, specifically iron most likely In this case. This yelowing looks too extreme to be normal new growth imo. If you look at the deficiency charts you may see this symptom: yellow on the new growth at the top, spreading downward.

If your cal-mag had Fe added that may have been compensating for this. However adding cal-mag to adds alkalinity, which raises the pH. Hard water will also. @panel350 does not mention nutrient regimen, water quality, or soil condition so we dont know what may be amiss.

Foliar spray with chelated iron, or your cal-mag + Iron will possibly help. Consider getting the soil tested, or try a slurry test. Fertilizers that reduce pH, for “acid loving” plants like hydrangeas, are supplemented with sulfur which will reduce the pH over time by microbial action. Ammonium nitrate fertilizer will also decrease pH (and faster) , but dont overdo ammonium as it is very hot and will be taken up freely by the roots. Depending on your conditions I would guess 25% of your total N could be ammonium.

I agree it may be high PH. High pH will lock out nutrients, specifically iron most likely In this case. This yelowing looks too extreme to be normal new growth imo. If you look at the deficiency charts you may see this symptom: yellow on the new growth at the top, spreading downward.

If your cal-mag had Fe added that may have been compensating for this. However adding cal-mag to adds alkalinity, which raises the pH. Hard water will also. @panel350 does not mention nutrient regimen, water quality, or soil condition so we dont know what may be amiss.

Foliar spray with chelated iron, or your cal-mag + Iron will possibly help. Consider getting the soil tested, or try a slurry test. Fertilizers that reduce pH, for “acid loving” plants like hydrangeas, are supplemented with sulfur which will reduce the pH over time by microbial action. Ammonium nitrate fertilizer will also decrease pH (and faster) , but dont overdo ammonium as it is very hot and will be taken up freely by the roots. Depending on your conditions I would guess 25% of your total N could be ammonium.
Cheers for that !! it's odd as it is only on one branch the rest of the plant is healthy as , I'm growing in coco ,using Nutrifield Coco 2 part nutes at 60ml per 20 ltrs A&B plus cal/mag
Strange thing is none of my other plants are doing it ! even though they are getting the same feeding ,kinda stumped !

If its only one branch i would not try to chase it. Since your in coco, you can ignore what i said previously, as obviously you are not going to be adding S. I have seen a similar problem when i grew in promix and messed up the pH, many year ago, naively added Si without pH balancing. Now i grow in coco.

Since you are in coco and your pH is good, that seems to rule that out. I would flush the root zone with the normal feed solution just in case. I have heard of a weird behavior on just a part of the plant that is called a chimera, maybe thats whats going on.

If you find the problem please post it here, i am curious. even if it just grows out. Good luck :)

If its only one branch i would not try to chase it. Since your in coco, you can ignore what i said previously, as obviously you are not going to be adding S. I have seen a similar problem when i grew in promix and messed up the pH, many year ago, naively added Si without pH balancing. Now i grow in coco.

Since you are in coco and your pH is good, that seems to rule that out. I would flush the root zone with the normal feed solution just in case. I have heard of a weird behavior on just a part of the plant that is called a chimera, maybe thats whats going on.

If you find the problem please post it here, i am curious. even if it just grows out. Good luck :)
Cheers I'm keeping watch mate doing my normal feeds quite hot here at the moment ,I have 9 plants in coco ,the other day I feed in the morning early 20 ltrs afternoon falling over so another 20 ,yeah had 2 weird things happen this grow that are really isolated have you ever seen this before ?? other than that all the others are doing fine !

2021_02160002.JPG

2021_02160003.JPG

2021_02170005.JPG

2021_02170001.JPG

The times I’ve had that yellow top growth it was (I assumed) iron deficiency from the ph being too high. The lovely thing about Fe def though is that it’s reversible and will green up again if the problem is addressed. Yours is sort of a weird one though.

As Nutty said, I’d also watch for hermies too just in case. I’ve had small localized patches of hermie pods appear before and the growth looked a little bit like that.

Back
Top Bottom