Please help

If you had water at a Ph of 9 you still have water with a Ph that is too high, and needs to be corrected.
We could go on and on but I disagree. Again, the pH of the water does not matter except in hydro/passive hydro. If your medium has a liming agent in it then it buffers correctly.
Here's another link but I'm guessing you're not reading them or you would understand what I mean.

Be very careful with foliar feeding. It's much better to use a little less than a little more. You can get yourself in trouble pretty quick. Check your label for foliar spray recommendations, then make it a bit weaker

If you had water at a Ph of 9 you still have water with a Ph that is too high, and needs to be corrected. It doesnt have to change the water it's already wonky. So, if it's too high your Ph still needs to be adjusted. I havent said anything about the acid, just the base

Yes, sorry i should've said that.. make your solution super diluted ie) few drops of cal-mag in a litre of water and avoid the buds as much as possible.

pH of 9 gives you an idea of the alkilinity of the water, thus you'd adjust it (i would use better water instead). But its actually the alkilinity of the water as mrsauga said that is important, not actually the pH in Soil/Buffered media

We could go on and on but I disagree. Again, the pH of the water does not matter except in hydro/passive hydro. If your medium has a liming agent in it then it buffers correctly.
Here's another link but I'm guessing you're not reading them or you would understand what I mean.
I think thats really neat

Yes, sorry i should've said that.. make your solution super diluted ie) few drops of cal-mag in a litre of water and avoid the buds as much as possible.

pH of 9 gives you an idea of the alkilinity of the water, thus you'd adjust it (i would use better water instead). But its actually the alkilinity of the water as mrsauga said that is important, not actually the pH in Soil/Buffered media
At 9 the only element that is readily bioavailable is Potasium and sulfer, not Phosphorous or Nitrogen. The metals and other macro/micro elements are not going to be of much use.You will HAVE to fix that.

I should clarify the hydro part because it is misleading the way I put it. For the most part the AN nutes bring the water pH down to 5.8 with tap water. If using hard water or other sources then the pH is most likely not in the correct range.
So just to check with you MrSauga, on my next grow if i say make a super soil mix or so to speak, of premium soil with perlite and coco and continue to use my tank water and AN range i should be on a good starting point as far as a buffered medium and roughly ph perfect feeding solution, or should i check exactly where my tank water is at.

So just to check with you MrSauga, on my next grow if i say make a super soil mix or so to speak, of premium soil with perlite and coco and continue to use my tank water and AN range i should be on a good starting point as far as a buffered medium and roughly ph perfect feeding solution, or should i check exactly where my tank water is at.

At 9 the only element that is readily bioavailable is Potasium and sulfer, not Phosphorous or Nitrogen. The metals and other macro/micro elements are not going to be of much use.You will HAVE to fix that.
Absolutely... i never said you wouldn't have to. Read my post again and look for the part that says "thus you'd adjust it". Infact like i said, i would use better water instead. Must suck growing with water that shitty. I'd invest in a RO system.

Easy. I'm not calling you out. I'm just stating that at a given Ph, I've been using 9, your bioavailability is very limited. So let's say your Ph is 5 the only element your plant will have available is Iron.
Every kid that ever thought about growing weed has seen those ph/elemental availabilty charts.. but i don't think you still understand the principle behind the article that was posted. Obviously you can't feed your plants with hydrochloric acid with a ph of 2... but you should read that article that was posted again. Sorry, not trying to sound harsh, but its the alkilinity of your base water that's MORE important than pH given normal water when using buffered media. Thats the reason why growing in dirt is so much more forgiving.. We're getting off topic in this thread. You can open open a different thread if you need help with understanding this further. But start with reading the articles posted above.

Every kid that ever thought about growing weed has seen those ph/elemental availabilty charts.. but i don't think you still understand the principle behind the article that was posted. Obviously you can't feed your plants with hydrochloric acid with a ph of 2... but you should read that article that was posted again. Sorry, not trying to sound harsh, but its the alkilinity of your base water that's MORE important than pH given normal water when using buffered media. Thats the reason why growing in dirt is so much more forgiving.. We're getting off topic in this thread. You can open open a different thread if you need help with understanding this further. But start with reading the articles posted above.
I love the condescension... classy. If you read what I posted you would see I have been saying you need to adjust the upper Ph the whole time. On the flip side if its low I fix that too. So, clearly we have differing opinions. Your "article" info isnt new. I've seen similar on RollItUp for quite a while, since I've been a member there longer than here. But I just saw the benefit of Ph-ing a soil plant, I even posted a picture of said plant.

I love the condescension... classy. If you read what I posted you would see I have been saying you need to adjust the upper Ph the whole time. On the flip side if its low I fix that too. So, clearly we have differing opinions. Your "article" info isnt new. I've seen similar on RollItUp for quite a while, since I've been a member there longer than here. But I just saw the benefit of Ph-ing a soil plant, I even posted a picture of said plant.
We don't have differing opinions.. you win! I would also adjust my ph if my water was ph 9 but our reasoning for doing so is different and i can't explain it better than the articles.. so you win :)
and sorry, wasn't trying to sound condescending.. typing can be very impersonable. honestly, wasn't trying to be an ass, sorry it came across that way.

buffered medium and roughly ph perfect feeding solution, or should i check exactly where my tank water is at.
A base like Promix HP is pH'd at 5.8(maybe it's 5.6 I'd have to go check) and most soils come in between 6 and 7. The key is to have a liming agent in the soil such as dolomite lime. If you have that then there is no need to pH your soil. To find out the pH of the soil you need to do a slurry test on the medium:

If your soil is not within range then you need to adjust the pH first in the soil and then with the liming agent there is never a need to pH your nutes.
A common belief is that if you keep pH'ing your water at 6.5 your soil will be 6.5 eventually. That is the incorrect part.

A base like Promix HP is pH'd at 5.8(maybe it's 5.6 I'd have to go check) and most soils come in between 6 and 7. The key is to have a liming agent in the soil such as dolomite lime. If you have that then there is no need to pH your soil. To find out the pH of the soil you need to do a slurry test on the medium:

If your soil is not within range then you need to adjust the pH first in the soil and then with the liming agent there is never a need to pH your nutes.
A common belief is that if you keep pH'ing your water at 6.5 your soil will be 6.5 eventually. That is the incorrect part.
Shed was talking about the correct method of measuring soil/media Ph in his article, do you have that? I'd like to see how that's done, pretty obvious that the nutrient water is going to give a false reading

I'd like to see how that's done, pretty obvious that the nutrient water is going to give a false reading
Correct, which is why many of us say chasing runoff is futile unless in coco. A slurry test tells you if the pH is correct, and if so then it will always get buffered to that level. Plants use the soil pH for uptake and not the nute pH since it changes anyhow as it gets buffered.

Back
Top Bottom