Please help

Kushahn

I need some help in identifying this problem. It’s my second grow. The first grow was CBD Purple Kush(auto) and did show some signs of slight yellowing leaves butnothing like this. I water/feed every 2-3 days. I have recycled the same soil I used for the first grow. This problem has been with the plants for most of the flowering stage. I was thinking it maybe a Cal/mag issue?

Gorilla Glue auto
5 gallon fabric pots
Premium soil mix from Bunnings
Advanced nutrients-Griw, micro and bloom. Big bud and B-52.
1.2x1.2x2 tent
6 inch exhaust fan
Large tent fan
600w Hps light
Temp 28C
RH 50%
ECBFCD8B-9416-4B28-861A-61636946DF72.jpeg
33D5D2A6-76D5-4E0A-BE8B-1E6E894AAE86.jpeg

I had been feeding every time I watered, say every 2-3 days. But I started running into this problem I started feeding only every 3rd water thinking I was over feeding? I thought mayb because i reused the soil from last grow it might have been an issue or because I fed it every watering session there might b a salt buildup therefore nute lockout. I’m only new at this so I’m struggling for a solution.

Feeding as per Advanced Nutrients feedchart.
At the moment I’m using
Micro
Bloom
Grow
B-52
Big Bud but about to drop the Big Bud and introduce Overdrive for 2 weeks then flush for 2 weeks if they survive.

By the way appreciate your help guys.
5DB84D0F-8E51-4654-A02E-96A939F73781.gif

Ya i think it would be best to use fresh soil every time. I think you’re on to something with the salt build up. Maybe a flush is in order.

how close are your lights?

@MrSauga do you have any experience with AN or nutrients like it?

Did you do anything to prepare the soil?? It could be something as simple as the soil running out of buffers or a build-up.
There are definitely ways to rejuvinate soil so you can reuse it. Adding lime as a buffer is one of them.

The light is about 35 inches away.

I have never had experience with AN before except my last grow which was my first.

Didn’t really do anything with the soil except empty all the pots in a barrow added a small amount of mushroom compost, mixed it up and filled the pots again.

Im using rainwater out of the tank, didn’t check the ph as the AN is supposed to be ph perfect or do they say.

@MrSauga do you have any experience with AN or nutrients like it?
Not with AN but I don't think it's a nute issue. The fact the soil is recycled, mushroom compost added to it, there is no way in knowing what the NPK is of the soil. The pH of the medium could be acidic or alkaline and without a slurry test you really can't determine that.
It looks pH related to me. For the OP AN's product is pH perfect if in hydro or with a buffered medium. Since you have neither(recycled medium would have needed lime added to it) then you need to pH your nutes and hope the soil is OK.

Not with AN but I don't think it's a nute issue. The fact the soil is recycled, mushroom compost added to it, there is no way in knowing what the NPK is of the soil. The pH of the medium could be acidic or alkaline and without a slurry test you really can't determine that.
It looks pH related to me. For the OP AN's product is pH perfect if in hydro or with a buffered medium. Since you have neither(recycled medium would have needed lime added to it) then you need to pH your nutes and hope the soil is OK.
I have to disagree with you on AN being pH perfect. I used it from start to finish my last grow. (See my journal for info). pH was always different depending which additives you use. Maybe if you just use the Part A & Part B it might be pH perfect .... but who does that ?
Looking at those plants I'd flush til I got the pH to 6.4 - 6.5 & start feeding recommended doses along with 2 - 4 ml. of Cal Mag per gallon.
Were those Auto's or Photo's ? If Auto's I'd bet it's a Cal Mag Issue.

I had been feeding every time I watered, say every 2-3 days. But I started running into this problem I started feeding only every 3rd water thinking I was over feeding? I thought mayb because i reused the soil from last grow it might have been an issue or because I fed it every watering session there might b a salt buildup therefore nute lockout. I’m only new at this so I’m struggling for a solution.

Feeding as per Advanced Nutrients feedchart.
At the moment I’m using
Micro
Bloom
Grow
B-52
Big Bud but about to drop the Big Bud and introduce Overdrive for 2 weeks then flush for 2 weeks if they survive.

By the way appreciate your help guys.
5DB84D0F-8E51-4654-A02E-96A939F73781.gif
Nothing wrong with flushing your plants to get a handle on a problem and you do have a problem.

I have to disagree with you on AN being pH perfect. I used it from start to finish my last grow. (See my journal for info). pH was always different depending which additives you use. Maybe if you just use the Part A & Part B it might be pH perfect .... but who does that ?
Not to argue the point but you missed mine
AN's product is pH perfect if in hydro or with a buffered medium.
You don't have to pH the nutes in a buffered medium. Liming agents whether dolomite or other take an acidic or caustic feed and neutralize it. It's why soils like FFOF and soilless such as Promix don't require pH'ing the nutes.
In this case as I pointed out he has recycled soil so his buffering agent is gone and he never added anymore so his pH perfect is not pH perfect.
I hope that clarifies things.

Back
Top Bottom